Found it! Miller table surface

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy Liner Ultra Fresh was:Found it! Miller table surface

Walking through home depot on a clearance run I noticed an upside down holiday mat. What caught my eye was the rubber backing was little circle dimples like a gulf ball. I can't find Attila's post offhand, but here's his Utube video

I'll get the numbers off the mat in case anyone else state side is interested. I did try to peel the front off and it seems to come away pretty easily. Course, 5 inches in may be completely different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From looking at the video it's hard to imagine a surface that
porous not holding the black sand as well, but then maybe he's
not working with that much black sand?

Building a table for a friend right now, and am using a 12" x 30"
piece of maple laminated 3/4" ply. Nice surface, but still had to
do a lot of sanding to get it smooth enough, and I've just
finished putting the 4th coat of Shellac on it. More sanding
tomorrow, and then I'll top it with several layers of chalkboard
paint.

Building another one next week, and this time I want to try using
a board with a melamine laminate on top. I'll polish that top up
real well, and then top-coat with a couple layers of the chalkboard
paint. Should work like a dream.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the same matting used on the Black Magic Fine Gold Recovery System. Its a drawer liner material and exactly what they use. It's like $10.00 for a roll at Walmart. Will have my Miller table finished soon.

RM1.jpg RM2.jpg RM3.jpg

To see this material in action or the entire build check out this thread. Making A Miller Table Using A Rubber Mat For The Surface

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HMMMM?? i have a slate Miller table but id like to get some of that material and try it out for a comparisson.

At the gold show the mat holds the gold. Like all Miller tables its all about water flow, but being soft rubber with a weave pattern within the mat the fines really catch. Watch some YT videos of the product mention above.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMMMM?? i have a slate Miller table but id like to get some of that material and try it out for a comparisson.

I'll have to give it a try as well. Thinking of lining the bottom of my A52 with it.

GG~

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can tell you from personal experience with mine, that it catches gold so small you need a magnifying glass to see it.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am building a 8" x 36" Miller table. I will be posting a how to build and where to locate the parts I used. You will save about $75.00 over the the cost of the Black Magic if you have access to a brake to bend up your own aluminum sluice box. If you have an old sluice then your saving even more. Again you will have a better built system.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 10"x 30" portable Miller table......
miller 2.jpg
30" mixing tub will sit nicely on top of two 5 gal buckets
miller3.jpg

Chalkboard paint on aluminum.
12v 800 gph Bilge pump with 7/8" id hose (walmart)
30" mixing tub (Lowes)
pvc ball valve (Lowes)
pvc conduit legs (Lowes)
conduit connectors to adj legs (lowes)
aluminum bracket attached to pump to hold it in place
scotch brite pad under spray bar to insure even flow (lowes)
spray bar 1" pvc with 1/4" holes spaced 1/2" apart (lowes)

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to take a photo in the daylight. Go in early for a meeting with the customer and wait there an hour then get told they'd reschedule for the afternoon. Kinda set the mood for the day. Spent 2 hours after lunch,... yep reschedule to Friday.

Can't find anything online.
Pile of pumpkins bout a dozen
18x30" Harvest Printed Accent rug
0 38698 70157 2 - upc
1000-009-932 - home depot number

It was only $4.60.

I'll have to get some of what viper has found and compare the 2

Here is the same matting used on the Black Magic Fine Gold Recovery System. Its a drawer liner material and exactly what they use. It's like $10.00 for a roll at Walmart. Will have my Miller table finished soon.
When I looked at walmart, closest they had that open rubber stuff like little pellets attached in a matting. sorta like this

nonslip.jpg

I'll look at other walmarts.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to take a photo in the daylight. Go in early for a meeting with the customer and wait there an hour then get told they'd reschedule for the afternoon. Kinda set the mood for the day. Spent 2 hours after lunch,... yep reschedule to Friday.

Can't find anything online.
Pile of pumpkins bout a dozen
18x30" Harvest Printed Accent rug
0 38698 70157 2 - upc
1000-009-932 - home depot number

It was only $4.60.

I'll have to get some of what viper has found and compare the 2

When I looked at walmart, closest they had that open rubber stuff like little pellets attached in a matting. sorta like this

View attachment 941630

I'll look at other walmarts.
That's not gonna work.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice set-up GG...:icon_thumright:

After reading about this Easy Liner stuff that seems a easier
way to go than fighting with this wood, as I can't seem to get
the grain to lay down, and it'll never be smooth enough without
it.

Gots me an idee...8-)

Rather than toss out this nice piece of wood, a better way to
go might be to laminate a piece of the Easy Liner right to the
wood surface (it's well sealed). Should work like a charm, no?

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe once those that are planning on using the Easy Liner you will see right away its the perfect material to holding the really fine gold. The rubber has a slight grip to it when your drag your finger across it. I do not detect a difference from either side of the mat as it appears to be the same.

Easy Liner.png

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GG, how much of a space is under the divider that is in front of the scotch brite pad.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only had time to hit 1 homedepot but hit walmart at lunch.

Easyliner has ziggy lines

Walmart easyliner.jpg

Yes, very much looking like the latest version of the black magic sluice(miller table).

Home Depot wasn't as lucky. Hit every single clearance area and stood there looking behind stuff, under stuff, behind the racks, NOTHING. Kept getting asked if I need help. Well duh, I'm looking for mats you don't carry anymore, how brain dead is that? What I DID say,... "no thank you".

Looked in the carpet area. Found all sorts welcome mats, but none with this backing. Found more runners up in hardwood area, some with a very similar diamond shaped backing, someone might want to try that.

I walked the whole store, twice. Literally, I was in garden center and had to use the bathroom so walked all the way back to building materials where the restrooms were. But just before, I thought, "what about those grill mats?"

Bingo.

Brinkman grill mat.jpg Grill mat upc.jpg

It was on the bottom shelf and something like $20 for a 44x30" mat.

Brinkmann 44 in. x 30 in. Grill Mat-812-9080-S at The Home Depot

696c50e4-dab8-4559-8a7b-0a1a35a016b4_145.jpg

And this is what the backing looks like.

Grill mat scale.jpg

So I'm going to poke around at some home decor type places and see if they have something closer to this $5 clearance mat I got (which I still need to get photos of)

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw some single ply roofing material at the shop today that has a back similiar to that easy liner stuff. Got me thinking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread