Found Large Chunk of Aquamarine Rockhounding

workingartist

Jan 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this close to where I live in the mountains. It weighs a few pounds. I know it is aquamarine, but I have no idea what it might be worth. Anyone have any idea? DSCN1260.JPG DSCN1261.JPG DSCN1265.JPG DSCN1262.JPG

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNET and I hope you will stay with us and share more of your' finds!

If the stone is in fact Aquamarine, it is likely not worth a whole lot as it appears impure and is likely internally fractured and mottled. Some collectors may pay a few dollars for it but like a lot of my' Aquamarine specimens, they are worth more to me as I found them and I would imagine that feel the same about your' find. It is likely the lighting that the pic was taken in but the specimen actually has the appearance of some Soapstone specimens I have seen. What state was your' specimen found? I found my' Aquamarine at the Ray Mica Mine just outside of Burnsville, NC.

Frank

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This does not look like any aquamarine that I have found, and in this shape/quantity, that seems unlikely.

There are obvious sawcut marks, did you did this? As Huntsman stated, this does look like soapstone, but images are not reliable. Do you have specific gravity calcs?

Aquamarine is valuable in crystal form, and little else...

good luck

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread