What's new

Found Modern Cache, Kennedy Kennedy, Kennedy......

Slipperyjack47

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Sunday I had been to a church overflow parking lot that was just a grass patch with a few trees where an old house once stood, I had found my oldest coin ever there a 1849 LC and my very first Buff a 1920, so Monday night I watched the rain storms finally pass through and thought maybe I had time to go hit that lot as I only got to do half of it the night before. After arriving I fired up the Ol'X-Terra 70 and started to walk a grid and had'nt gotten 20 feet when my machine went CRAZY! everywhere I swung it was beepin! I thought I must have came across where someone had dumped a pail of nails but the VDI was saying it was all money! I tried to single out one of the signals and then pinpointed it. I debated if I should dig or not and thought what the heck I had been finding some nice stuff I better take a look. I got down and popped a plug and when I turned it up I saw two large discs starin up at me and my first thought was Large Cents and lots of them!!!!!!!!!! I then noticed about 3 lincoln cents in with the big disc's and this kinda took the wind out of my sails lol. I grabbed up the big boys and seen JFK and new I had found a couple of halves, I retrieved the cash and swung back over the hole and the minelab was screaming!I pulled back a little more dirt and the Kenndy's came pouring out like a water fall! I could'nt believe my eyes. Now its starting to get dark and fast too and to make matters worse its starting to rain again. I began diggin and probing for all I was worth, I kept pullin coin after coin after coin, I kept stuffing them into my pocket, I don't know why I did'nt put them in my apron I guess the excitement was clouding my thinking lol. Finally it got too dark to dig and as I stood up to leave I swung the X-Terra over the hole and it was still screaming! I went to a friends house to show him what I had found, He was flabbergasted at the amont of halves I pulled from the ground,I told him that I would be going in late to work in the morning as I had to finish digging this spot! I arrived back bright and early in the morning and continued pulling coin after coin again till I had no more noise from the Minelab which I think maybe has a sore throat now from all that screaming lol

My final tally is as follows

Pennies (all zinc) 208

Nickles 19

Dimes 15

Quarters 9

Kennedy Halves 34 .... 1 is a 40% silver


Total $23.78

HH Slipperyjack
 

Attachments

  • Jacks Cache 002.webp
    Jacks Cache 002.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Jacks Cache 006.webp
    Jacks Cache 006.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Jacks Cache 002.webp
    Jacks Cache 002.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,144
  • Jacks Cache 005.webp
    Jacks Cache 005.webp
    30 KB · Views: 1,154
  • Jacks Cache 006.webp
    Jacks Cache 006.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,134
  • Jacks Cache 002.webp
    Jacks Cache 002.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Jacks Cache 003.webp
    Jacks Cache 003.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Jacks Cache 006.webp
    Jacks Cache 006.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,122
Upvote 0
Somebody dumped the collection plate!

Must have been a real heart pumper.

Congratulation!

Old_Okie
 
How Sweet the sound!! That sweet bell tone. I located 34 memorial pennies and thought I was in Hog Heaven. I am so excited for you. This is what makes this hobby so much fun you just never know what will pop up next. Its the anticipation. HHHH
 
Excellent job Jack. I've never seen that many halves come out of a hole before. Nice nice find. :thumbsup:

After looking at the photos again, it appears that you even got a couple of Canadian nickels. :icon_sunny:
 
very cool!

HH
-GC
 
Be sure to update when you get the final talley.
We all know you will go back. LOL

Good kuck,
Thom
 
That is FREAKIN' AWESOME dude. :thumbsup:

My heart would have been racing a mile a minute. :tongue3: :tongue3:

I can see why you started stuffing your pockets instead of your pouch.

It's a natural reaction, like when I hit big at the slot machines. ;D ;D ;D

Good job and if I were you I would give that place a thorough check, who knows what else is there.
 
Totally awesome Jack! You really are finding the stuff! I'm elated when I find one Kennedy half in a week...I can't even imagine 34 in one spot! You are the man! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom