What's new

Found Modern Cache, Kennedy Kennedy, Kennedy......

Slipperyjack47

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Sunday I had been to a church overflow parking lot that was just a grass patch with a few trees where an old house once stood, I had found my oldest coin ever there a 1849 LC and my very first Buff a 1920, so Monday night I watched the rain storms finally pass through and thought maybe I had time to go hit that lot as I only got to do half of it the night before. After arriving I fired up the Ol'X-Terra 70 and started to walk a grid and had'nt gotten 20 feet when my machine went CRAZY! everywhere I swung it was beepin! I thought I must have came across where someone had dumped a pail of nails but the VDI was saying it was all money! I tried to single out one of the signals and then pinpointed it. I debated if I should dig or not and thought what the heck I had been finding some nice stuff I better take a look. I got down and popped a plug and when I turned it up I saw two large discs starin up at me and my first thought was Large Cents and lots of them!!!!!!!!!! I then noticed about 3 lincoln cents in with the big disc's and this kinda took the wind out of my sails lol. I grabbed up the big boys and seen JFK and new I had found a couple of halves, I retrieved the cash and swung back over the hole and the minelab was screaming!I pulled back a little more dirt and the Kenndy's came pouring out like a water fall! I could'nt believe my eyes. Now its starting to get dark and fast too and to make matters worse its starting to rain again. I began diggin and probing for all I was worth, I kept pullin coin after coin after coin, I kept stuffing them into my pocket, I don't know why I did'nt put them in my apron I guess the excitement was clouding my thinking lol. Finally it got too dark to dig and as I stood up to leave I swung the X-Terra over the hole and it was still screaming! I went to a friends house to show him what I had found, He was flabbergasted at the amont of halves I pulled from the ground,I told him that I would be going in late to work in the morning as I had to finish digging this spot! I arrived back bright and early in the morning and continued pulling coin after coin again till I had no more noise from the Minelab which I think maybe has a sore throat now from all that screaming lol

My final tally is as follows

Pennies (all zinc) 208

Nickles 19

Dimes 15

Quarters 9

Kennedy Halves 34 .... 1 is a 40% silver


Total $23.78

HH Slipperyjack
 

Attachments

  • Jacks Cache 002.webp
    Jacks Cache 002.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Jacks Cache 006.webp
    Jacks Cache 006.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Jacks Cache 002.webp
    Jacks Cache 002.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,144
  • Jacks Cache 005.webp
    Jacks Cache 005.webp
    30 KB · Views: 1,154
  • Jacks Cache 006.webp
    Jacks Cache 006.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,134
  • Jacks Cache 002.webp
    Jacks Cache 002.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Jacks Cache 003.webp
    Jacks Cache 003.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Jacks Cache 006.webp
    Jacks Cache 006.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,122
Upvote 0
COOL Find,
I would have been late also.
HH,
Joe
 
Looks like they may have been burried or...... ??? That must have made your heart race ;D
 
Super Finds Jack... totally neat and so happy for ya :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Totally Awesome Jack!!! I dream of a find like that! (Actually I dream of ANY find...need it to quit raining long enough for me to get out there!)
Congrats (I still think ya should have gotten Banner on your half dime though!!!)

Storm

PS: Go out & find some more, I'm sure that place still has a few goodies yet :thumbsup: :tongue3:
 
What a rush to see all those Kennedy Halves in the ground, congrats an a super hunt and all those goodies!
 
Wow! I had a $10.00 clad day today and was debating posting it - then I saw your post. No chance I'm gonna put my paltry finds up now! What a great find that spot was!!! Congrats!!!

Good luck to you in the morning. Can't wait to see the follow-up post......
 
That would definetley stick in my head for a while!!!!!!.....regardless of the age :thumbsup: Nice Going!
 
Great find, great story. Got a laugh about the excitement clouding your mind.....Funny!!! :thumbsup:
 
A whole piggy bank worth awesome find its always good to get something from church
 
Thanks for all the comments, It was sure fun to find this modern day cache! Even though its not a huge amount of money and I'll be goin to work every morning instead of being able to retire early lol I' still had a ball and can't wait till I find the Old Cache cause if I got this excited by this one I might have a heart attack on an old one.



HH
Slipperyjack
 
Now, now Jack, dont you be going & having a heart attack on me...Who else would I have to pick on??? :-*

Storm
 
Superb Hunt there Jack you struck the jack pot there. :wink:
 
Boy that must have been fun..you were probably wondering when it was going to ever end! You must have been there a while..I wonder what the story is behind that..the grass must have been really high for no one to notice when all those big coins were dropped.

WTG :thumbsup:
Nat
 
Nice going Jack, With finds like that I see a new water machine in your future . kib
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom