What's new

Found my first proof dime (With pics)

Coins4Cheese

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
657
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Hey everyone. Yesterday, I went to the bank and asked if they had any dimes. The teller said that it was too late to go get some from the vault (Almost closing time), but she did have $35 in dimes. I said sure, and bought them. I was hoping for silver, but I got something just as good. In one of the last rolls, out came a 1981-S proof dime! It will make a nice addition to my collection.
 

Attachments

  • 1981-S Proof Dime OBVERSE.webp
    1981-S Proof Dime OBVERSE.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 425
  • 1981-S Proof Dime REVERSE.webp
    1981-S Proof Dime REVERSE.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 434
Upvote 0
Nice! I have found 2 proof nickels, lots of proof halves, but no proof dimes so far. :thumbsup:
 
I never find proof dimes, it takes too long to look at them all. I normally rim search them. Cool find though!
 
timbobwey said:
I never find proof dimes, it takes too long to look at them all. I normally rim search them. Cool find though!

I was rim searching also. I noticed a different color on the rim, and I thought it was silver. I looked at it, and it was a proof. Proofs are really easy to spot because of the thicker rims.
 
Coins4Cheese said:
timbobwey said:
I never find proof dimes, it takes too long to look at them all. I normally rim search them. Cool find though!

I was rim searching also. I noticed a different color on the rim, and I thought it was silver. I looked at it, and it was a proof. Proofs are really easy to spot because of the thicker rims.
Nice, that's exactly how I found mine a couple months ago, it just stood out.
 
I do check some rims too if they look thicker, or different. Still never found a proof dime that way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom