What's new

Found my first trime this evening & some flat buttons

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another cold spell came through here again and I wanted to get another hunt in before the ground closes up so I went to my favorite spot for a few hours this evening.The hunt started of good.The first relic I found was the saddle guard plate,then started getting into a few flat buttons.When I came across he elect railway button and it fist rolled up it was a heart stopper, when I picked it up I reconized it,it did clean up pretty nice.The Trime was a big surprise.when I found it it was just about dark and one of the last signals I dug.The first thing that came to my mindwas a half dime,when I picked it up I thought it seemed a little small.Then I put a light on it and the first thing I saw was the reverse of the coin:).I have always wanted to find one.I had no idea them coins are that small,has to be the smallest coin I have ever found.I hope this cold spell doesn't last very long.-HH everyone. 001.webp005.webp006.webp016.webp024.webp025.webp018.webp022.webp023.webp014.webp026.webp
 
Upvote 72
I can't get out to dig. My jackhammer is in the shop. ;)

Congrats on your first Trime and other nice saves!
 
Very nice buddy. I would like to put a trime in my collection some day. It was -4 here this am. To pass the time I've been buying lots of md stuff lol. Coils, kayaks, upgrades, etc. Hope spring hits early. We have had a very easy winter. Id like to see that trime cleaned up bro
 
Sorry buddy I hadn't seen the other pics. Very nice indeed
 
Congratulations on the trime . It's not something you find every day. When I found one last year I also could not believe how small of a coin it was
 
Found my first trime this evening & some flat buttons

Congratulations on the trime . It's not something you find every day. When I found one last year I also could not believe how small of a coin it was

Don't think I ever seen one in person. Are they even smaller than the old Canadian five cent piece (fish scale)?
Guess I should've looked at his pictures closer. They do look a little smaller! [emoji106]
 
Nice variety of finds and congrats on the trime. I have only found one silver and one nickel variety in 44yrs. of detecting.
great day 44 years!You have been at it a long time haven't you.Well it only took me about 22 years to find one.:)
 
Awesome hunt Joe!!!! I've only found one trime and they are a turn on. What year is it? Mine is a 52. Great bunch of buttons also. Spring will be here soon. Congrats!!![emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
At first I thought it was 62,then I put it under the loop,it's a 52 too.Thanks Joe.It is a neat coin,one of the nicest I have found.
 
Don't think I ever seen one in person. Are they even smaller than the old Canadian five cent piece (fish scale)?
Guess I should've looked at his pictures closer. They do look a little smaller! [emoji106]
The smallest coin I found before this one is a half reale.This one is even smaller.
 
Thanks everyone.Keep warm and -HH
 
Don't think I ever seen one in person. Are they even smaller than the old Canadian five cent piece (fish scale)?
Guess I should've looked at his pictures closer. They do look a little smaller! [emoji106]

If you look at my profile there is a pic of a coin spill I found last year with a Trime , a nickel 3 cent piece and a half dime . Its smaller then the half dime so that should give you some scale
 
Found my first trime this evening & some flat buttons

I looked up their size and they were close but I can imagine how small the trime would be coming out of the ground by how small the fish scales I dig seem. Once again great find! [emoji106]

US silver three cent piece:
Diameter of 14 mm (0.55 in)

Can silver five cent piece:
Diameter of 15.494 mm
 
Nice finds DI2. Congrats on digging the Trime. The Trime still eludes my coil.
 
Congrats on the trime, that's a bucket lister for sure. That United Railways button is really cool
 
Big congrats on your first TRIME!! Those are Bucket Listers for almost everyone! I found my one and only last year, also an 1852. I was completely blown away by it because of the low FE/CO numbers on the E-Trac. It just goes to show, when field site hunting you must dig every signal. Congrats on the other keepers and thanks for sharing.
 
Great hunt,
The smallest coin that I have found so far is a USSR 1 kopek, which has a diameter of 15 mm. A 3 center is 14mm. Yep, that is small.
Congrats on all your finds
 
Very nice hunt.
And I hear you on the cold. It's terrible here. That wind cuts through you like a knife.
 
It's just about "trime" for me to find one! [emoji2]
 
Nice hunt with a great three cent piece recovery!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom