What's new

Found near an old establishment

FatCat

Full Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
190
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
HUNTSVILLE Alabama
Detector(s) used
ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today along with with some coins and buttons. The site I found it at dates back to the early 18 hundreds and saw military movement in 1812 as well as the civil war. It is about the size of a half dollar. The oldest coin I found today was a 1854 half dime. Thank you for your help and HH.
 

Attachments

  • what1.webp
    what1.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 533
  • what2.webp
    what2.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 531
  • whatclose.webp
    whatclose.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 536
Looks like a medallion of some sort. Pretty cool whatever it is :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Is it very thick ? Maybe it's a pendulum for a small clock ?
 
Upvote 0
Pendulums are weighted, and usually have 2 tabs at 90 degrees, or have a hole through the whole thing. A loose pendant pendulum wouldn't work unless it weighed more.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like some kind of charm that might be hung from a necklace? Looks like an "eye" was broken at the top. I haven't a clue what it might have represented. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for your input. It does have a broken eye at top and it is about as thick as a penny. It is not very heavy. I hope someone out there might know what this is. Thanks and HH.
 
Upvote 0
It appears to have 2 attachment points the broken eye is visible..
if it had any other graduations markers,I would think a Sundial.
HH,Mont
 
Upvote 0
Is the thickness a uniform size?

I ask because I was thinking a spark plug gapping tool (gauge). The broken off top might have been the adjustment lip?

B
 
Upvote 0
montepollock said:
It appears to have 2 attachment points the broken eye is visible..
if it had any other graduations markers,I would think a Sundial.
HH,Mont

I was thinking possibly sundial too - or maybe compass related?

Or here's a crazy thought! - cap for a powder horn ;D :dontknow:

Powder%20Horn%20End%201.jpg
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom