What's new

found old gun not sure what it is

bdb

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
me and my son found this it is a foot long looks to be 22 size cal it looks to say J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co Chicopee Falls, MA 14 1/2 ok thank all of you .i have took it apart.i would have liked to keep as it did not work but it is what it is.thanks to all.
 

Attachments

  • mas 004.webp
    mas 004.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,296
  • mas 005.webp
    mas 005.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,219
  • mas 006.webp
    mas 006.webp
    49 KB · Views: 2,184
  • mas 007.webp
    mas 007.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,224
  • mas 008.webp
    mas 008.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,152
  • mas 009.webp
    mas 009.webp
    40 KB · Views: 2,127
Looks as if most of the replies cover the legal status of the object.

What I think it was intended for is to be a snake getter. The cutting down of the stock and barrel would make it just about useless for any kind of a hunting but would allowed it to be carried on a belt or straped to a farm implement for handy access when needed. loaded with 22 cal. bird shot it would kill a snake.

j.n.
 
Upvote 0
Please forgive my last post as apparently I doubled answered this in my post. Please forgive , I can only plead senility for my blunder.

j.n.
 
Upvote 0
blurr said:
mrs.oroblanco said:
Check your history a little more - you will find that the Ruby Ridge incident (and the Waco incident, by the way) had to do with them having unlawful weapons - but because they hadn't paid the TRANSFER TAX - on the guns. Didn't have a thing to do with the guns - THAT - is the Federal law.

B

Seems the feds paid $3 million or so for murdering the wife and child and the charge came about after an undercover (read already busted for crimes) person came by repeatedly asking for a sawed off shotgun and was refused. After he got on Weaver's last nerve he said something like "Then just show me and I'll do it myself" Weaver's response was to grab the guy's shotgun and a hacksaw and cut it and throw it back to him and tell him to get. That's hardly "Tried to sell a sawed of shotgun to an ATF agent." When the feds tried to force Weaver to do the same thing to other people on the basis of this "dastardly crime" he forted up. At best that is entrapment at worst that is out and out criminal and nobody - ever had to shoot a 14 year old boy in the back "In self-defense" I intended my comments to land under the comments below. Don't assume that they came from Mrs. O - she speaks her own thoughts and her own mind. I've personally been targeted by ATF CI's attempting to coerce criminal acts. That's usually much safer than catching someone committing a crime. They are easy to catch in the act. I told one I had never sold a gun in my life to anyone but a licensed dealer and it would be a cold day in hell before I ever applied for a dealer's permit because the jack-booted thugs of the ATF like to bust in doors at oh-dark thirty and stomp your pet to death to provoke you enough to take a swing at them. He said "We don't do that" and I said "Busted!" and hung up on him. siegfried schlagrule



Sorry Beth,

I remember that the guy tried to sell an ATF agent a sawed off shotgun. I must have a bad memory.

John
 
Upvote 0
I apologize for my statements. I said what I remembered from the incident. I was about 20 at the time, and could have cared less about the government or ruby ridge. The point I was trying to make was that it is illegal to posses a "sawed off" long gun. The whole tax stamp thing is a government end around of the constitution. Congress has the power of taxation, but they can't delete the second amendment. They aren't required to issue any "tax stamps", so problem solved. They did the same thing with narcotics in the early 1900's.

John
 
Upvote 0
As it sits, this gun is nothing more than a paperweight. If you still have concerns about the legalities of this piece, just break it down. It's nothing more than a parts gun anyway, barring any sort of historical or sentimental significance.
 
Upvote 0
bdb said:
me and my son found this it is a foot long looks to be 22 size cal it looks to say J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co Chicopee Falls, MA 14 1/2 ok thank all of you .i have took it apart.i would have liked to keep as it did not work but it is what it is.thanks to all.
Years ago they actualy Mfg. a 410/ Called a "Snake Gun". It was carried in a holster, on the hip much like any pistol. Looks to be a home-made rendention.??
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom