Rickelpickel
Greenie
- #1
Thread Owner
I found this anchor in about 30' of salt water about a mile off the south west coast of Florida. I do not believe it was located near a wreck because it was located in a 4ft ledge. I am fairly sure it is made of iron. It is also somewhat heavy Id say about 60-75 lbs. It's about 4' long and 2-1/2 ft wide. I'm mainly curious about how old it is and how to preserve it. For now It sits in a kiddie pool completely covered by salt water from the beach. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure Ill need more photos but Just got it up and It's dark now.
Awesome!! Most of the ledges around here run parallel to the beaches. not always tho. The high side of this ledge is the west side and that's where the shank was leaning toward. I need to search this area over better. Ive only been to this spot three times. just before we found this anchor I did notice a large (5-6') rubble pile in the direction the shank was pointing. Probably 4-600' away. It is pure speculation this is anything other than broken parts of more ledges. But just thinking about it gets me excited..






