mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
/checked out another lake today and looked at the beach area. Person told us that they have never seen anyone detect there before. We kept on talking and they told us where the old swimming place was at 30 yrs ago. Will be checking out both places in the near future. going to check out the new beach first will be there first thing in the morning. Hopping to find the gold this weekend.....Matt

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, post pics with what you find. I know the modern beach has been hit hard at my local reservoir, but I'm sure there was a different one "back in the day", I just need to find it...

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me. We detected a swimming hole from the early 30's. Right off the bat and I mean within 2 minutes, my older brother got a good hit. Glory...It was a 5 gold piece! Man we scoured that place for 3 hours. We found 2 Wheaties and that was it. The gold coin was in excellent shape. Later he sent it to Los Angeles, CA. area to get graded. It was, "lost" coming back in the mail!

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the swimming hole yesterday man did we get a surprise. My buddy dug up a grenade we called 911 cops came out they called the bomb squad. They took it and they are going to let us know if it was a live or defused. So we are going back in the morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread