Found on the highway....

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
I guess this is the best forum to post this....

I was driving down the highway, south of town, in the right lane. At one point, all the cars in the left lane started stacking up, and I look ahead, there is something in the road. I thought it was a seat cushion from a couch, and I get in the left lane to hit it out of the lane, as people are dodging it hard and its gonna cause an accident.

When I get close, I realize its a suitcase, a hang up bag.

I pull over, and throw it in the back of the truck, and get on my way as I have a customer appointment to make.

Later in the day I realize its back there, and call the # on the tag. Disconnected. I call the # that is crossed out on the tag, and its a restaraunt. No one there had heard of the person named on the tag. There is an address that is a good 1/2 hour away from my house in town.

So I decide to open it up at home hoping to find some info on who owns it, but I am thinking they are leaving town or what have you.

All I find is clothes. So now I am wondering what I should do with it, when in one of the pockets I find 4 hundred dollar bills.

I actually drove down to the address on the tag, it is an out of business, locked up building.

When I get home after that, I hold the money up in front of the wife and tell her I figure its ours, when BAM, she snags it right out of my hand.

She paid off the Kohls card, she loves that place.

We donated the clothes to Goodwill.

I'd say thats my best sight find.

If anyone wants to claim it was their bag, even if they describe it correctly and the clothes, and the loaction, all I can say is your S.O.L. at this point, I tried!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did what you could do.....enjoy the relieved credit, and don't give it a second thought. :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a long distance truck driver and I see all kinds of good stuff on the road but too dangerous to suddenly stop and pic it up. What I see the most is lost clothing and ladder's

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like someone bought a suitacse at a thrift store & didn't take the tag off. Amazing what you see laying on the side of the road.

About a month ago, I was driving down the freeway, and everyone started hittting the brakes & changing lanes. Seems someone was moving & put the box with all the girls underware by the tail gate. Needless to say everything was blowing out. Several of us were honking at them & pointing. They completely ignored every one of us. Boy, I'll bet she was POed when they got where they were going.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad Wife? Cowering and my tail down I show my wife the 400, as a show of support she kicks me out of the house and screams at me to chase down the car or truck in case they dropped another :laughing7: :help:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
I would have shown her two hundred and kept the other two hundred in my pocket.

But that is just me. :D

:icon_thumright: LOL

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
I would have shown her two hundred and kept the other two hundred in my pocket.

But that is just me. :D

And that my friend is the "Words of Wisdom" for the day. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread