✅ SOLVED Found Orange tinted glass pieces and a rock that looks chiseled.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found Orange tinted glass pieces and a rock that looks chiseled.

There is a 75' knoll behind my house that I've been wanting to get into for a while. Now that I have the Simplex+ setup the way that works for me, I decided to give it a whirl on the knoll (mound) and these pieces are what I found:

Todays Finds 03_04_2020_0001.JPG Todays Finds 03_04_2020_0002.JPG Chiseled Rock_0001.JPG Chiseled Rock_0002.JPG

Oops, forgot to size the "rock". The large square is 2"x2":
2x2 square_0001.JPG
It's also broke off at the bottom.

Any ideas? I know it's not much to go on and I'm going to have to bring in my mini digger to get deep enough to get the rest of the pieces. The glass was found along with a tin screw-on lid (only pieces found. the rest is too deep) that I am cleaning up at this time. I was hoping the lid was to a jar full of coins but, I was already over a foot deep and it was too difficult to go down any further.

Thanks for looking!
-DH-

Last edited:

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that the glass is likely depression glass. You should be able to compare it to pink depression glass on Ebay to get the pattern name for yours. The piece of chert could have been used as a scraper or small knife but the chips look like natures work, not mans. JMO

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that the glass is likely depression glass. You should be able to compare it to pink depression glass on Ebay to get the pattern name for yours. The piece of chert could have been used as a scraper or small knife but the chips look like natures work, not mans. JMO

Thank you flinthunter. I'll look into the depression glass.

As for the "chert", I am hoping the rest of it is left in the hole. I'm going to give it a go again tomorrow.

Cheers.
-DH-

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the glass pattern - Vintage PINK Depression Glass CHERRY BLOSSOM 11-inch OVAL

OK, 1/2 solved... at least this looks like it.

Thanks again flinthunter for pointing me in the right direction. I would of been looking for hours trying to find an ORANGE pattern. :)

il_570xN.118126254.jpg

-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread