What's new

Found Silver Car, Walking Liberty Half, and an Old Pocket Watch

Dman

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
1
Location
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Last week I went out hunting and found a few good items that I thought I'd post. These are from some old house around town. I got permission to hunt one house that I've never hunted before. I found a 1920 Mercury dime, 1954 Roosevelt dime, two Wheat pennies, and some assorted junk. Next to a sidewalk I got a good signal and dug down about 6 inches and out popped a sterling silver car charm. That was the best find of that day. The city was putting new sewer lines on College Street of my town and I went back to a house that I had pounded really hard. The city sewer department had the ground scraped down bare. I managed to dig out a 1899 V-Nickel from the yard. I didn't find much else except a couple of keys and some clad coins and Memorial pennies. The next house is one of my favorites. I have hunted this house and have always found something unusual and this day was no exception. I first got a 1906 V-Nickel at about 6 inches in the front yard, near the road. Then I worked my way around the house to the side yard and found 1917 Wheat penny. I also dug out a couple of old shot gun shells and other assorted junk. In the back yard, I got a deep, low-tone signal and dug up a pocket watch at about 10 inches. Working my way back toward the truck, around the edge of the property, I was looking for one more good signal. When I got to about 15 feet of the truck, I got a really good signal. I thought it was probably a Coke can. I dug a plug out and it wasn't in the plug and the sound was still in the hole. I dug down a total of about 8 inches ans scooped out some dirt and out popped a 1945 Walking Liberty half dollar. That was my first half dollar this year.
Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00858.webp
    DSC00858.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 789
  • DSC00859.webp
    DSC00859.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 791
  • DSC00860.webp
    DSC00860.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 801
  • DSC00862.webp
    DSC00862.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 806
  • DSC00857.webp
    DSC00857.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 802
Upvote 0
Dman.....I so love the car charm......It has alot of well......Charm. Is that a little stone I see in it? I absolutely love your finds. You did so well at this site. Big congrats!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,
Moon
 
You are truly having an amazing streak!
 
Nice finds and really nice half dollar-better than you described on the phone.
 
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Dman...

I am seriously at a loss for words ... :o

I gotta say that is INCREDIBLE ...

Contgratulations on a Stellar hunt ...

~ Nick
Thanks Nick,
This is my first post on TN in a long time.
 
SWEET finds my friend :thumbsup:

Don't 'ya love those Coke can hits that turn into BIG silver. ;D :thumbsup:

My coke can hits usually end up being just that...a coke can :D

I'm glad you've been finding some nice stuff...and you sure have :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the awesome finds Dman!
 
Dman,

It is great to see your posts. Thank you for sharing them with us. :thumbsup: That half is a Great find, and I like the pocket watch a great deal as well.


All I can say is BRAVO.



Best Wishes,



Buckles
 
Moonshadow said:
Dman.....I so love the car charm......It has alot of well......Charm. Is that a little stone I see in it? I absolutely love your finds. You did so well at this site. Big congrats!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,
Moon
No stone. It is just tarnished.
Thanks for looking
 
Nice Walking Liberty Half Dollar. :thumbsup:
The first half dollar I dug I thought it was a pop can. Almost blew my ears off.
 
Excellent Half dollar, Dman :icon_thumleft:

The car charm is one cool relic too....... Happy future hunts and a Job well done Ron
 
silverfreak said:
SWEET finds my friend :thumbsup:

Don't 'ya love those Coke can hits that turn into BIG silver. ;D :thumbsup:

My coke can hits usually end up being just that...a coke can :D

I'm glad you've been finding some nice stuff...and you sure have :thumbsup:
Your program works great on my SE.
Thanks
 
Is it just me, or is that silver car charm kinda strange looking? Can I see a close up? Can I, can I huh? And don't just love the rush of big silver coinage poking it's silver coinage goodness? Ya did just fine today.
 
You are truly Dman, Fantastic finds, Congratulations. By the way, how did you get to hunt
without Quindy? I'll be looking for his posts soon.

HH, Ringfinder
 
Is it just me or is everyone but ME finding silver halfs???

Congrats! Nice bunch of finds! :thumbsup:
 
ringfinder said:
You are truly Dman, Fantastic finds, Congratulations. By the way, how did you get to hunt
without Quindy? I'll be looking for his posts soon.

HH, Ringfinder
We had surgery this spring . We were joined at the hip and I had him surgically removed. I survived just fine but he is still in recovery.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom