Found silver today.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After doing video for "Found Gold Today", I did some detecting, hoping to find more gold. Instead, I found these silver ringlets. Probably from a bracelet that was taken apart. All were found within a 2 or 3 foot radius. There are more that I will dig and I'll bring a "cameraman" with me to video the retrieval. TTC

Silver 4-19-17.JPG

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunting! :occasion14:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Texas / Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take silver any day! Nice Finds! Tt

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll take silver any day! Nice Finds! Tt
Indeed, it is tiny and doesn't command a coin's price, but silver none the less. I got more target beeps close to these so I know there are more. I will video the retrieval of at least one more piece. Turn it into a newbie "how to" maybe. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE: Not silver. Pooh! White metal. I CHEATED! I used a detector with a display (250) to confirm. I don't really like to admit it but a display will tell the diff between white metal and silver. Different ends of the display. I would not use it to tell foil from can slaw, though. Sound will do a better job for that. TTC

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry, did you and Tim drive that boat straight through Fla to Cali? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I found one of those little ringlet things in the ocean yesterday :BangHead: aggravating cuss :laughing7:
Fell through, a time or two, finally snagged it, could barely even find it in my scoop.
It sounded like silver(mine did), but then copper sounds really great, too, LOL...... :dontknow:

Always good to see you and miss you over here on the east coast, stay in touch and glad you're having a good time out west. :notworthy:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Terry, did you and Tim drive that boat straight through Fla to Cali? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I found one of those little ringlet things in the ocean yesterday :BangHead: aggravating cuss :laughing7:
Fell through, a time or two, finally snagged it, could barely even find it in my scoop.
It sounded like silver(mine did), but then copper sounds really great, too, LOL...... :dontknow:

Always good to see you and miss you over here on the east coast, stay in touch and glad you're having a good time out west. :notworthy:
Hey Kid! The 1715's treasure is now all yours! Tell Mel to share. Anything under the coil is a reaffirmation that you're doing it right. I had the same aggravation with an earing stud on a beach back there. Drove me nuts! Left the boat with Tim.... for the rest of his days. I'll be out here for the rest of mine. Very good to hear from you! I'm just a PM away. Take care, my friend! Terry

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kid! The 1715's treasure is now all yours! Tell Mel to share. Anything under the coil is a reaffirmation that you're doing it right. I had the same aggravation with an earing stud on a beach back there. Drove me nuts! Left the boat with Tim.... for the rest of his days. I'll be out here for the rest of mine. Very good to hear from you! I'm just a PM away. Take care, my friend! Terry
Oh man, I was just at the picnic Saturday, what a great time with a great bunch of folks! :headbang:
I'm praying that one day, Capt. Dom, Aquanut, Ropefish, or some of them may let me paddle around looking on their claims for them, help them out some! :notworthy:

I'll shoot a pm later on, make sure Tim has my number, too. He's a ways away, there's probably little I could do, BUT, just always good to have a pool of friends/ppl, if one needs......
Also found a gold wedding band, with little diamond chip, on my 8th hour of the day, which was the end of the day, LOL. (no camera right now, dang it, or I'd pic it, for ya).
Do stay in touch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread