Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to work about 10 minutes late this morning and walking across the parking lot I found 2 penny's,as I picked them up,one of my co workers laughed at me for doing so :icon_scratch:.About 20 minutes later I remember that I left my phone in the car,so while I was walking out to my car I look down and find a $100 bill lying in the parking lot:hello2:.So that's right around $160 I;ve found above the ground since January of this year:hello2:.

Upvote 15

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty good! The day before yesterday I found a wadded up lottery ticket in the Post Office garbage and decided to check it out, and after going on line I found out it was five dollar winner. So it sometimes doesn't hurt to check them out.

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found a walmart card in a box of junk in the dumpster as i was throwing my trash. i went back home and logged on to the walmart site and checked the gift card balance. i didn't expect anything but to my surprise it had a $15.53 balance. i should post this in the dumpster dive forum huh.

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG , it Pay's to look down !!! last year I found a $100.00 and 2 $20.00 folded up in a parking lot at the grocery store ... After I found all that , I got Scared , Paranoid and Happy as Hell :skullflag: lol

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woo hoo in your face coworker ha ha. Just kidding! awesome find. 100 bucks you find anywhere is top shelf.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Cool find! :icon_thumright: :blob9: Guess it pays to run late & forget stuff in your car, lol. :laughing7: I'd feel conflicted if I found that much money, concerned for whoever lost it, but doesn't seem to be any way to find that person anyhow. Since I started detecting, I look down lots with playful goal of spotting at least a penny daily. Best eyeball finds so far were a 1923 Peace silver dollar in an old field, & months later spotted a lovely sterling silver bracelet set with multiple stones, which I later gave away. Let 'em all laugh at us as we scan the ground! Have fun! Andi

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! :icon_thumright: :blob9: Guess it pays to run late & forget stuff in your car, lol. :laughing7: I'd feel conflicted if I found that much money, concerned for whoever lost it, but doesn't seem to be any way to find that person anyhow. Since I started detecting, I look down lots with playful goal of spotting at least a penny daily. Best eyeball finds so far were a 1923 Peace silver dollar in an old field, & months later spotted a lovely sterling silver bracelet set with multiple stones, which I later gave away. Let 'em all laugh at us as we scan the ground! Have fun! Andi

Hey Andi, the Peace dollar you found by eye in an old field could be part of a cache. I would go back with your metal detector and scan the heck out of that area. Good Luck.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! Your $99. Ahead of me!
I found a dollar bill next to my truck few days ago, wasn't mine but it is now!
Is it raining money as a refund for a bad winter, or our money is just so worthless they are just throwing it out by the handfuls? Or maybe the guy covered in $$ on the motor cycle drove thru town.
WTG treasure hunter, WTG!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the most I ever found (whole bills & not in a wallet) was a $20, plenty of $5's and $1"s but never $100 - AWESOME SCORE bud!!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive found a few bucks here and there,but I seem to find jewelry more often in parking lots thans cash lol.No I'm whining :laughing7: Found a sterling pin weighed out at 3/4 ounce.Found a 22k necklace weighed out at just about an ounce,then a 22k plus sterling bracelet that weighed out at 1 1/2 ounces,1/4 ounce sterling,1 1/4 ounce 22k.

CA_Vermonster

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I also found some on a hike recently too, but mine was only a couple 20's........

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$50 bill is my best eyeball find.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love those days!

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! Your $99. Ahead of me! I found a dollar bill next to my truck few days ago, wasn't mine but it is now! Is it raining money as a refund for a bad winter, or our money is just so worthless they are just throwing it out by the handfuls? Or maybe the guy covered in $$ on the motor cycle drove thru town. WTG treasure hunter, WTG!!!

Yeah where does that motorcycle guy like to ride around? That might be worth checking into. I'd sure like to drive behind him!

loneTXhuntet

Mar 20, 2014
Texas, all over
Detector(s) used
The Etrac and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a 1941 wheaty on the surface yesterday while detecting. Saw it before the detector swung over it.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year as I was leaving a grocery store I saw two waded up $20 bills blowing across the parking lot. Another time, about the exact same place I found a brand new roll of postage stamps. I kept the money the day I found it, but I did return the stamps to the customer service and told them that if someone came looking for them they're probably theirs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread