Found some magazines today!

DSRTXJ

Jun 3, 2008
Palm Springs, Ca
I was out in Virginia City, Nv checkin it out and I stumbled upon an antique store. In the store I found one "Western Treasure", one "Westerner", one "True Frontier", one "Western Frontier", two "Frontier Times", one "Desert Magazine", one "Real West", six "Gold!", six "Lost Treasure", one "The West", one "True West", six "Western & Eastern Treasures", and eight "Treasure" magazines all in mint condition! They all range from 1970-1977. He wanted $1.50 each so I offered him $25 and he took it! I'm excited as all hell! There are some awesome stories along with some very interesting info.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
For some reason, (at least here out west), those desert & western lore type magazines, from the 1960s & early '70s, had some metal detecting related ads and stories in them (well, at least "treasure" stories, but not necessarily coin-shooting per se). Kind of funky to look at those old ads and treasure-legends type stuff :)

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a TON of old True West and they are COOOOLLLL !!!!! It doesn't have a lot of THing stories, but it's great for following up the historically side of the story....

PLL

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is an awesome find. I used to be able to buy them at a local Half Price Books, but they stopped buying/stocking them due to "rearranging the shelving system".

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a whole bunch of Treasure Found,and such mags I want to sell let me know if your interested [email protected] I CAN NOT RECEIVE OR SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES SO PLEASE E-MAIL ME!!!!!!!!!!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pegleglooker said:
I have a TON of old True West and they are COOOOLLLL !!!!! It doesn't have a lot of THing stories, but it's great for following up the historically side of the story....

PLL
Yep Yep! No thundermug is complete without a handful! ::)

S

stefen

boogeyman said:
pegleglooker said:

PLL
Yep Yep! No thundermug is complete without a handful! ::)

Hadn't heard that expression for ages :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread