What's new

Found some marked JFKs, see if you can find your mark here.

Tattooguy67

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
333
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

Hello all, I stated in another post that I had found 4 marked half dollars and would post some pics and I thought it would be cool to hear from one of the mark makers, also I am going to premier my own brand here so all the world will know what to look for, if you find one keep it, it will be worth big bucks someday! :wink:, and trust me on this, I will only mark really sad coins, nothing any one would want to add to a collection. Tell me what you guys think, any one up for some kind of registry so we know who's mark we found? might be a good way to track movement and I think would be fun, let me know if you are interested and thanks.
101_0834.jpg

101_0833.jpg

101_0832.jpg

101_0830.jpg

and lastly the mark of the tattooguy
101_0829.jpg


Chuck.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

have not seen any of those. hope i dont. have plenty of markers in my area.
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

When you mentioned black marker, I thought about some that I have seen. Mostly what I see is a black X, each line being about 1/2 inch. Still seems like a waste of time to me.
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

I hunt in the west michigan area and im seeing similar marks.
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

when i first started, i marked, still see some of them in my boxes...hehehe last box had 3. i marked mine w/ big blue "N"s, or small blue "N"s on the back bottom right. if anyone sees any of them...please pm me, so i'll know.
PS i live in colorado, just 4 the record.
hope this helps, keep it up and hh!
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

I see a lot of those same marks. None of them are mine, as I never mark coins, just the rolls. We probably see a lot of the same coins, we aren't too far away from each other.
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

In one of this week's boxes, I found a few halves marked: Me Jim, Me J, or M J. Not seen them before so don't know what area they are from.
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

Mr. i only do pennies and nickels

Congrats on the nice find !

~Holmes~
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

Holmes said:
Mr. i only do pennies and nickels

Congrats on the nice find !

~Holmes~
Er well see I um, ok Holmes you got me, but it is still sorta true as that was only the second box I have gone through, I also occasionally get dimes to, copper and nickel are fine metals but silver is so beautiful!

Chuck.
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

I got an entire box of Halves with the black line on top of JFK's head 2 weeks ago. I'm in the Detroit district. and have been seeing that mark for the last year and the frequency is picking up. For the record That is the worst tag in the world and serves no real usefull purpose other than knowing you got one of the coins back that you've seen before. Which as we all know by now, that if you do any kind of volume searching or boxes you will eventually get your own dumps back.

The Detroit area has nearly 4 million people and thousands of banks but all the coin gets cycled through the same 2 or 3 armored car services all located in Detroit with in blocks of each other, so it is somewhat of a closed system.

Once again the only reason we are getting any silver at all from boxes now is because someone just recently cashed them in and they made it past the tellers.......

That's it, nothing more to it. Coins you dumped last week could easily be returned to you next week. Our only hope is that some silver got dumped in along side our dumps at the distributors and finds it's way back to us.

Mojo
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

I also want to say that Being in Kalimzoo your probably getting your boxes out of Grand Rapids and Lansing, If your getting Loomis Boxes (Flat 5 x 10 rows) Brinks are (5 x 5 stacked 2 high)

I know all mine are comming out of Detroit.

Do you think you can get that information out of your bank?

Ask wich Brinks distribution point you are getting your boxes from? (Detriot or Grand Rapids) That would be better information than tags.

Thanks

Mojo
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

Funny thing, I have yet to get any of my marked coins back in over a year of searching. I dont mark a lot just a few here and there.
 
Re: Found some marked JFK's, see if you can find your mark here.

I found 40%ers yesterday tht had marks on them. Who would pass those up? both are 67. I will eventually post under a new topic of my finds, but i found them doing speed searching. going to go through in more detail and start a fun old statistics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom