cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I went to a local Korean market Saturday (great selection of veg and great prices) and as we were in line, only one person ahead of us I notice something on the floor where my wife is standing, real close to where the laser scanner is. I continue to unload the basket onto the belt as the customer in front of us finishes buying a very large bottle of Sake. As he walks away I nudged my wife with the cart to get her moving as she was almost standing on what I saw. (yes I got a dirty look from her) I drove over it with the back wheel and reach down as the wheel goes over it and it goes directly in my pocket. No telling how long it had been sitting on the floor. My wife and the other customer didn't see it and neither did the cashier who had her back to it.

What did I see?

$20 crisp and folded. ;D

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice score!!! i had a similar thing happen at a dollar store, but i only found 2-3 dollars...woohoo, i just got 3 items for free! :laughing9:
it obviously doesnt compare to ur find tho!
keep it up and hh!

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
Getting out of the car with kids in tow, I noticed a $10 bill blowing across the lot. I sent my daughter ahead to get it. She's all happy showing it to me and I suddenly notice another $10 bill blowing towards her. I looked around to see if anyone was chasing the money but there wasn't anyone else in the lot. That was a good day.

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
The parking lot of my office building has three banks, all with drive thrus. One morning during a windstorm, I got out of my car and found a fifty in a puddle of water. It was a nice day.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Petsmart the other day and while sitting in my car a young girl pulls up next to me in the handicap parking space ,with a stereo blasting away and smoking a joint,she has no idea that shes in the wrong parking space,and while she gets herself and about 3 small dogs out of the car she drops a crack pipe and a $100 bill.At first I don't say anything and then I shout at her and try to tell her about the money,she flips me the bird and goes into the store,soooooo I pick up the pipe and the $100 and walk in behind her,she sees me in the reflection of the glass and freaks outs and says she really is handicapped and to leave her alone or she's gonna call the police on me,so I tell her go ahead but you might want your crackpipe backand I walk back to the car with a big bag of dog food and a $100 bill. :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Produce Guy said:
I went to Petsmart the other day and while sitting in my car a young girl pulls up next to me in the handicap parking space ,with a stereo blasting away and smoking a joint,she has no idea that shes in the wrong parking space,and while she gets herself and about 3 small dogs out of the car she drops a crack pipe and a $100 bill.At first I don't say anything and then I shout at her and try to tell her about the money,she flips me the bird and goes into the store,soooooo I pick up the pipe and the $100 and walk in behind her,she sees me in the reflection of the glass and freaks outs and says she really is handicapped and to leave her alone or she's gonna call the police on me,so I tell her go ahead but you might want your crackpipe backand I walk back to the car with a big bag of dog food and a $100 bill. :laughing7:

As they say !!PRICLESS!!!! WTG Chug

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK my best dollar bill find!!!! Woke up in the morning and went to take Midnight out for a Walk to relive her self!!!! ( Black Lab! ) 10 months old healing from a broken leg!!!!!! Upon walking out my front door the wind was howling the night before also!!!! A couple of steps later wap something hits me in the face, I reach up and swipe it away and then i see it as its falling !!!!!!!! Money!!!! I chase it down and find a 100 dollar bill!!!!! Omg I think to my self!!!!!!! I take few more steps and see another bill flying through the air!!!! I Dropped the leash and ran after it with midnight barking after me!!!! No that is not the end of it

After walking around and looking I found Seven 100.00 dollar bills!!!!!!! this happened in 1990!

15 years later I found out that it belonged to A cousin of mine!!!!! HH Chug

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you! If you scroll down a few posts in this topic, you will see I found a $20 a couple months ago. I found another dollar bill in the same store yesterday.

I'm not here to brag about my finds, but I will tell you that since I found this forum I am always looking on the ground for money, and the looking has paid off.

At the end of this month I will be buying my first metal detector.
Stay tuned. I've been short on work and cash for the last few months...
...but I have been long on research.

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Produce Guy said:
You can't fix stupid that hundred would gotten rocked up anyway.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
cdltpx said:
Produce Guy said:
hahaha thats the best story ive heard in years!!! that was karma to her for being a b*tch!!!!! im glad she lost out on the 100 bucks and u gained it!!! u contribute a lot to this forum, and sound like a very nice person, so u definitely deserved some free $$$...keep it up and hh!

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
CHAINCHOMP said:
cdltpx said:
Produce Guy said:
hahaha thats the best story ive heard in years!!! that was karma to her for being a b*tch!!!!! im glad she lost out on the 100 bucks and u gained it!!! u contribute a lot to this forum, and sound like a very nice person, so u definitely deserved some free $$$...keep it up and hh!
I have found money this weekend I can't disclose the details since what I say could give clue to a clever con what the amount is and they could claim it I disclosed I found some to security of an establishment but not the amount etc. They wanted me to hand it over I told them no I don't think so I have done that and never heard from another soul again weather or not the person got it or if another just swiped it. So if I get the call I will meet them to return their cash if I don't hear something in a few weeks I got a little bonus. If I post sooner about this sooner I will have given the money to its owner but If no one sees a post about this by Feb 2011 remind me I may have forgotten and will need to go get the money out the safe and allow it to join its brothers in the vault of our local bank.
There is one find I can disclose I was leaving a building looked down by the door and saw a $20 I picked it up. The bill was folded in a manner one would do if they had no respect for money at all. We use to value money so much that people would poke a hole in coins to sew it into their clothes to prevent loss now 4 hours wages is crumpled up and placed in a pocket as if it were a reciept.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at a subway a few years ago and there lay a 20 on the floor, but no one even saw it ::) I'm always looking on the ground when I'm walking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread