ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the other side look like? Is this picture upside down?

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the words....see what you think. Looks like "Marel or Maru Gyce" maybe.

coin.jpeg

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep a token. Here it is right side up. Congrats on the find.
coin.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read it as "Marujyu", which is a not uncommon Japanese name, extending to countries with Japanese people in their populations.

Lots of Japanese-based companies with that name (using it with Western alphabet characters) making all kinds of things. I was hoping to find one related to arcade games, slot machines (pachinko maybe), or something similar but drew a blank. There is one that makes vending machines, but they have a different logo.

OP
OP
R

RodneyU

Oct 3, 2021
I read it as "Marujyu", which is a not uncommon Japanese name, extending to countries with Japanese people in their populations.

Lots of Japanese-based companies with that name (using it with Western alphabet characters) making all kinds of things. I was hoping to find one related to arcade games, slot machines (pachinko maybe), or something similar but drew a blank. There is one that makes vending machines, but they have a different logo.
I have not been able to find anything on it. I’ve searched that name and come up with no tokens or pics of them.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been able to find anything on it. I’ve searched that name and come up with no tokens or pics of them.

Me neither, but if it's pachinko-related it could be a needle in a haystack. Pachinko started in the 1920s as a children's mechanical game and then expanded into adult gambling using tokens for payment, especially in Japan where it's illegal to gamble for cash. At the peak of popularity in 2012 there were almost 12,000 pachinko halls in Japan alone.

OP
OP
R

RodneyU

Oct 3, 2021
Me neither, but if it's pachinko-related it could be a needle in a haystack. Pachinko started in the 1920s as a children's mechanical game and then expanded into adult gambling using tokens for payment, especially in Japan where it's illegal to gamble for cash. At the peak of popularity in 2012 there were over 12,000 pachinko halls in Japan alone.
I found it in my yard in Ohio

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread