Wow !! Looks like I really did get lucky !! Thanks for the great news. But if I'm not mistaken the Pa. State regiment was a revolutionary regiment of foot soldiers . Is this really a revolutionary button ?
It is a real Revolutionary War Pennsylvania State Regiment button.....btw if you ever want to sell it.....lemme know. I have a 2nd Battalion Pennsylvania. All the PA buttons are hard to get. Just remember, the places that made good CW sites were more than likely occupied a lot earlier.
I also have TWO Maryland buttons and a Delaware Regiment. They've taken forever to collect.
That looks good to me! Banner find here!!! VERY RARE and great lettering. It's too bad you are a newbie or you'd be up top. Great piece of Rev War history! What state are you in?
That looks good to me! Banner find here!!! VERY RARE and great lettering. It's too bad you are a newbie or you'd be up top. Great piece of Rev War history! What state are you in?
Amazing Rev find!!! Be careful cleaning it up. Also, if you plan to repost for a title change- don't. The mods can simply change your current posts title by contacting them.
Great button again...I haven't seen one on here since becoming a member
Thanks guys !! I still can't believe it myself ! I am in Va , hogge . We have a bunch of civil war relics in the ground here but this is my first revolutionary peice as well .
Don't use any chemicals on it. Soft brush and soap and water. If the pewter looks flaky, mix up some Elmer's white glue and thin with water and brush some on as a coating. It will come off easily if you ever need to get it off.
I have only use a little water and a Q-tip as soon as I started to see letters I stopped . There doesn't appear to be any flaking. Im not going to mess with it anymore as far as cleaning . But thanks for the tip , Smokey .