What's new

Found this f.o.b.

Shawano~

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
SWMI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Fisher CZ20
At first I thought it was a dog tag, but was told by a reliable source that he never saw a dog tag w/ a slot in it like this... It was found in Galesburg, MI, near Ross Twp. Was told it might be a hotel key fob.. Any ideas out there??
 

Attachments

  • 1910 Tag.webp
    1910 Tag.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 1910 Tag.webp
    1910 Tag.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 262
I agree with the hotel keychain ID. Dog tax tags usually have some sort of location information on them, and the piece is the wrong shape to be a baggage check or railroad tag.




Regards,



Buckles
 
Upvote 0
I believe that it's a dog license tag issued in 1910. Bone's book on tags indicates that Ross, Michigan first began issuing them in 1901. Although less common, there were slotted dog license tags, and you can see a couple of examples at:

http://www.doglicense.org/tagFilesMain.php
 
Upvote 0
PBK said:
I believe that it's a dog license tag issued in 1910. Bone's book on tags indicates that Ross, Michigan first began issuing them in 1901. Although less common, there were slotted dog license tags, and you can see a couple of examples at:

http://www.doglicense.org/tagFilesMain.php

Well, I must eat my words. :P I didn't realize that Ross was a town name--I thought it might be a street.


:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom