Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Apr 20, 2012
Torrington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stumped,what is it?

000_0833.JPG 000_0834.JPG 000_0733.JPG 000_0736.JPG Hello i found this while metal detecting. ive took it to several antique stores , they all have the same story that it is iron, it contains another mineral, it seems to be from the early middle ages, none of them know what it is.in the process of talking to a musuem by email.....if any one knows what it is would love your opinion. please let me know it feels really heavy, but weighs 1.5 pounds...had it weighed at a place that buys gold it is very shiny like silver also has flow lines all over surface along with the regmaglypts,i am stumped, please help!!!! the length of the item starting at the broken tip is 7 and a 1/2 iches long the width at the bottom is 4 inches, i found the item in torrington, connecticut, usa... the back of the item is the same as also with the bottom of the piece......if any more information or pics are needed let me know, looking for everyones opinion thanx..............jeff

Attachments

• 000_0739.JPG
    000_0739.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Need more pics and info. What does the other side look like? Did you find it in the US or Europe or ???

Please put a ruler next to it. More info = better, faster research.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jeff

Apr 20, 2012
Torrington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more information put on post trying to update more photos soon,trying to figure it out ,thanx

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is sweet, no freakin idea what it is! looks like you could beat somebody with it

Upvote 0

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
wow been some changes since yesterday,so since most of the thread is gone,not cool
if your going to do that,just take the whole thread,a little hard to get help this way,ya know
so i dont know if the pits were ever figed out,or if the bar is forged/cast? anyway,i saw a broken
crow/pry bar,in a scrap heap at the junk yard,and i thought of this bar,the edges were ragged
and sharp,the inside looked a lot like the one below,but a little more rusty,than the one in the
other imgs below,a WAG,maybe it was a broken bar and redone for another unknown purpose,
or if forged it,could have been a custom tool, from an old machine shop,ca.1890 to late 1940s
if the bar is forged,it prob sounds like the forged club,prob just louder
timekiller,cool book,glad i saved the link LOL
Take the Forging Sound Test
Mizuno Golf Europe - The World's Leading Iron Forger
broken,the one i saw was hex shaped
http://brown-snout.com/motorrad/mods/mod_session_16/IMG_2753.JPG
this bar is a b4 and after cleaning
B4
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dTNlGzyoHX8/T30R5CkZziI/AAAAAAAABoA/JqExRp04MTY/s1600/IronBar1.jpg
after the lemon jucie and steel wool was used
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QNj-lc_-9Pg/T30R6o3R3iI/AAAAAAAABoQ/E68csLcFO6c/s1600/Ironbar3.jpg
story for it
Rebecca Mezoff, Tapestry Artist: Warping the LeClerc Gobelin loom

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The guy on the right has one in his hand. The shiny metal thing.

Attachments

• viking tea cups and knife.jpg
    viking tea cups and knife.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jeff

Apr 20, 2012
Torrington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the thread with all the info was taken down/locked i dont know i wasnt given a reason why, it was just done. another member told me that the last comment was from another member who continued to harass both him and i for trying to find more info on it.He claimed not to have any interest and wished that the feed would die down yet him and a few other kept posting such as the one below from bigcypress who mocked the few of us who were interested in finding out more info on the item and were working together collectimg information. As u can see they have no interest other then to post on threads thinking they are funny when infact its just rude and annoying.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jeff

Apr 20, 2012
Torrington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont understand how u can claim not to have any interest in the thread and claim to know all the rules of the forum yet u continue to mock me. u may think u are being funny when infact i would appreciate if u would just no longer spend so much of your time following my thread and posting stuff like this or making claims that i said something when infact i didnt. u and the others should just continue this harrassment on the other thread that was created to embarrasse me as they said but let me assure u it didnt if anything u guys and all your negativity is just not worth it

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
the thread with all the info was taken down/locked i dont know i wasnt given a reason why, it was just done. another member told me that the last comment was from another member who continued to harass both him and i for trying to find more info on it.He claimed not to have any interest and wished that the feed would die down yet him and a few other kept posting such as the one below from bigcypress who mocked the few of us who were interested in finding out more info on the item and were working together collectimg information. As u can see they have no interest other then to post on threads thinking they are funny when infact its just rude and annoying.
Believe me Jeff the thread was NOT deleted because of anything I said LOL LOL. I just happened to be the last post and it was very cordial. I seem to remember you asked me how to delete it all and I told you. Is that the last post you are referring too Jeff?

For those that may have missed it. SODABOTTLEBOB posted a pickaxe or something that had a very similar sized hole in the center whatever its called. Too bad its been deleted. Im convinced that Bob made the ID of a blacksmith drift and and posted a great educational video.. The only part that doesnt fit is how the artifact got so shiny. But at this point I dont care. I only posted in answer to the slander in my name.

Im not sure what more you want Jeff. I can almost guarantee you its not Middle Ages unless you stole it from a museum.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
i dont understand how u can claim not to have any interest in the thread and claim to know all the rules of the forum yet u continue to mock me. u may think u are being funny when infact i would appreciate if u would just no longer spend so much of your time following my thread and posting stuff like this or making claims that i said something when infact i didnt. u and the others should just continue this harrassment on the other thread that was created to embarrasse me as they said but let me assure u it didnt if anything u guys and all your negativity is just not worth it
Who are you talking to?

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I stay off the thread Jeff but stop mentioning my name. Is that a deal?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jeff

Apr 20, 2012
Torrington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my mistake i didnt add your name to the top i was talking to u so thank u and have a nice day:occasion14:

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
okay

BTW Jeff of PA the moderator locked it down. He is boss and he doesnt fool around or play games. I dont know how it got deleted when a lockdown was the best solution.

It only exists here because you started 3 or 4 threads. I think there is yet another somewhere because I remember posting blacksmith tools from my old tool catalogs way back when this started and it appears I may have been close to being correct all along.

But we made a deal so I got to go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Jeff

Apr 20, 2012
Torrington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no it wasnt anything that u said it was what the last person said about bob which i dont think was very cordial or friendly like.dont know if u missed that but it was there

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread