What's new

Found this while digging a garden in my yard

3searchin

Full Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
204
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, Whites TDI beachhunter
Any one have any ideas on what this may be ?? I pulled this out of my yardwhile digging a new flower bed. I have no Idea what It could be.

thanks
3S
 

Attachments

  • thing.webp
    thing.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 723
  • thing01.webp
    thing01.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 717
  • thing1.webp
    thing1.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 707
  • thing2.webp
    thing2.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 704
  • thing3.webp
    thing3.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 710
  • thing back1.webp
    thing back1.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 738
  • thing  back2.webp
    thing back2.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 730
savant365 said:
I'm not sure Fossis but it appears to be some type of concretion. Here is a link to wiki that talks about them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concretion#Elongate_concretions

They come in all shapes and sizes.

HH Charlie

Hmmm interesting. It could be I have no idea that's why I posted it LOL. I'll pretty much take any explanation. After reading that article it sounds like it could be a concretion. I no I'm not breaking it to see if theres a fossil in it, but I will hold on to it because it looks pretty cool.

Thanks for your input
3S
 
Oops, I must have been reading one of Fossis's posts right before yours. I'm not really sure exactly what it is either but it is definitely an interesting little geofact.

HH Charlie
 
am-ark said:
Petrified Dino do do...lol...I don't know

I Don't know either. Poo is as good a guess as any !! if that's the case I'm glad it's petrified cause it looks like it would be pretty smelly if not...........like after a bad Dino burrito !LOL

It's certainly a different looking something.
Right now I think I'm going with concretion. unless someone has something better LOL

Thanks Savant and am-ark for your comments and help
3S
 
Possibly a piece of fossilized coral within a matrix of some sort. I know that if I had it, I would be cutting it to unveil the inside....Fossil corral can be quite beautiful. Then again, I have seen it be just a plain old boring shade of brown, but cutting stuff like that is half the fun of finding them!
Good luck with any other ID...I will definitely come back to see what other are thinking.
~Nash~
 
As a caver I would say broken stalactite.

Searcher
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom