Yesterday I found this in an Italian garden, any ideas as to what it could be? It is 6 centimetres long and the same wide with what looks like some kind of buckle on the back, would appreciate your views
When posting an item for help please include more than one picture... more the better... but at least one front and one back picture of the item.
Also... a size reference item included in picture helps... or a size stated is needed along with any other information about the item such as markings or metal composition if possible.
I;m thinking it could be a brooch. May have had a rock or gem attached. Here is one I found once upon a time. At about 2 1/3 inches, very close in size also.
Late Victorian art nouveau sash buckle is what I'm believing it once was. I would agree that it looks like it had simulated rectangle stone of some kind in the center. It looks like a typical brass piece that was most likely finished with a gold wash. I doubt the stone was anything genuine and most likely a made of colored glass. It's definitely an item that was somewhat machine made and mass-produced.
Never mind, I thought kenstin's post was a better image posted by you. I've no clue what the heck it is, other than mangled metal at this time. Try to unfold it some and see if that reveals any more details about it.