What's new

Found Today Old Coin?

Kassianne

Greenie
Joined
Mar 7, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this beauty today cleaning out my 1968 Nova.
Is it an old coin? Possibly a seal of some sort, or just some vending machine toy? I'm not having any luck finding anything similar on google images. I'm excited to find out what this find is!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210111_205622~2.webp
    IMG_20210111_205622~2.webp
    333.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20210111_205641~2.webp
    IMG_20210111_205641~2.webp
    346.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20210111_205703~2.webp
    IMG_20210111_205703~2.webp
    230.4 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 14
That is a very cool find.
 
I'm not an expert but someone may ask for the weight and width...from first impression it seems to be maybe funeral related or a religious symbol...
 
Yes it weighs 5.3 grams & is 1" width. That's interesting I didn't even think of that!
 
I think I’m going to need a few more pics, of that Nova, please.
 
sure looks like an ancient coin that has been mounted at one point perhaps?
as a fashion piece , coin motifs have been used repeatedly over time, worn look and mushy details push me in that direction personally
I'm no expert on ancients by any means but you may have a winner
 
I'm going with NOT a coin. Looks like a kind of medallion insert, but what it was mounted to is someone elses guess?
 
Last edited:
Looks to be cast (bronze?), pocket souvenir..., maybe - but, very cool find...!
 
You never know what's going to turn up in a Nova! :thumbsup:
 
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
Looks like a Saint or Angel with a halo. I would guess from a necklace.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom