What's new

Found today

BeachComber7

Sr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2012
Messages
462
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could not resist taking a peek at the river. Was passing by it and had no intention of stopping, but I just had to see what the area looked like after TS Issac roared through soaking us for two days. Did not have a lot of time so I just browsed a little. There was not as much erosion as I expected, but plenty of shells and other things on the bank. I did not have time to comb through it all but did find a couple of things during my hurried walk. There seemed to be a lot shoved up on the river bank.

One picture is a celt, it is 4 3/4 inches long and 2 inches at its widest part. It is a nice little piece but it dries nearly white so all the lines and color is gone.
The picture with the ribbing, I have seen it on here before but I do not know if it is a celt
or what. Anyone?
 

Attachments

  • shell celt (2).webp
    shell celt (2).webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 131
  • celt.webp
    celt.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I understand fully what you are saying only would like to clairify that mine was the knee.
 
Ok well I dont know much about Celts as I have stated before. But those items posted I found very interesting and I am sorry this thread has turned the way it did and I am staying out of it. But I do like all of the Artifacts I have seen. Thanks for posting something I havent seen before. rock
 
Conch celts....now that's pretty cool...didn't even know about those things.
 
...
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom