What's new

Found today!

Mr. Magoo

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
165
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I found a skinning tool and two cool arrowheads. Can anyone verify and give me an idea as to age. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • indian.webp
    indian.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 239
  • indian2.webp
    indian2.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 231
  • indian4.webp
    indian4.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 221
  • indian5.webp
    indian5.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 222
  • indian1.webp
    indian1.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0
I can't tell from the pic of the tool but it doesn't look unifacial and you could skin an animal with one of those points easier and better than with that other thing. Looks like they were banging on it, maybe using it as a graver, but not a skinning tool....
 
You got some nice ones. I cant get the pics to enlarge to get a good view on them though. The one point on the bottom pic looks to have a large flake removed all the way across it. That is usually a Archaic period type of strike. I find that kind of flaking on my pieces I find in Ga. And mine are usually Archaic
 
Nice finds...
 
Rough chopper and a probable Brewerton corner notched point (roughly 4-5,000 years old), which is indeed Late Archaic.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom