What's new

Found what I believe to be a spear point today. Any info would be appreciated.

Helix

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
1,316
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today, ok I will get some better pictures in a bit but anyway. You guys are the experts that's why I'm here what is it. ? Thanks in advance. image.webp image.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 0
Certainly look like a spear point to my eye.....but I'm no expert.

Hopefully someone can give you a positive id and a date range.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Better pictures. image.webp image.webp image.webpimage.webp image.webp image.webp image.webp Sorry I just realized you can't read numbers on tape. I think last pic you can read it's over three inches long.
 
Last edited:
That appears to be a variety of Thebes called an E-notch. Not exactly a spear point but it would have been used as a hafted knife. Nice find.
 
It looks like a Thebes point, which are pretty old. My chart says 9000 to 6000 B.C. Nice find.
 
Definitely a Thebes and a pretty nice one. Shame about the piece of base broken off. Where was it found? They are mostly midwest and that type is usually Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky area
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom