What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found what I believe to be an iron fork at a late 1700s site. Any info on it?

Recoveredmol

Full Member
Joined
May 8, 2023
Messages
167
Reaction score
546
Golden Thread
0
Found in south east United States.

I added a picture of one that I found on the internet that looks similar.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 20230602_150826.webp
    20230602_150826.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 145
  • 20230602_150832.webp
    20230602_150832.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20230602_153838_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20230602_153838_Chrome.webp
    204.1 KB · Views: 90
It seems to be extremely old. Was it found in an area where there were early settlements?
 
Upvote 0
It seems to be extremely old. Was it found in an area where there were early settlements?
I have found several items that date late 1700s - early 1800s. All in a small area. A lot of square nails.

Here are some pictures of stuff from the area.
 

Attachments

  • 20230528_152218.webp
    20230528_152218.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • 20230527_170245.webp
    20230527_170245.webp
    631.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230513_203153.webp
    20230513_203153.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230513_201358_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20230513_201358_Chrome.webp
    77 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230507_151749.webp
    20230507_151749.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • 20230507_092107.webp
    20230507_092107.webp
    337.6 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 2
Yep, 2 prong / tine fork.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the further info. Confirms what we all were thinking. A nice, colonial-era find!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom