What's new

Found what is possibly an Australian Opal in 12 K setting ? pendant; ? ring;

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:

Another beautiful day at the beach,and another "bit" of gold; could've been a ring or pendant...I'm leaning toward pendant as you will see in the pics.


I researched the stone, and I believe it to be ( I hope it is) a precious Opal..Australian Opal.

Here's a link to the page which describes this stone:

Pictures of Opal - Black, Fire, Boulder, Rough, Jelly, Crystal

Here's the pics...I'm trying a new way to post the pics..they look kinda small though.:dontknow:



thanks for looking ..and thanks , OBN for the advice on posting pics

Lorraine



: DSCF1397.webp




DSCF1398.webp


DSCF1394.webp

DSCF1407.webp
DSCF1415.webp
DSCF1417.webp

DSCF1410.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That looks like Coober Pedy (Australia) opal to me. Nice find.
 
Fantastic score, Lorraine! I LOVE opals and that one is lively & beautiful! Would look really good on you too! I think you should go for it! Would make an awesome ring! :thumbsup: When & "if" I find the right one, it's getting personalized!
 
That is a Beautiful Opal!


Your welcome ...

Nice layout, And some great pics as always!!
 
That looks like Coober Pedy (Australia) opal to me. Nice find.

Thank you, bum Luck...that's what I was thinking.

Lorraine
 
thanks, bigscoop. I seldom wear jewelry, but I'm thinking that maybe I'll have a jeweler put a tiny gold connection on the top and then I'd have a pretty pendant.

Lorraine
 
thanks again, OBN

Lorraine
 
dang lorraine you seem to always find the good stuff lol GREAT JOB!!!!:notworthy:
 
thank you ,sonofadigger....did I mention that it took me 2 1/2 hrs. to find it?? :laughing7:

I had to walk as slow as a snail to get that one.

Lorraine
 
WTG Lorraine , another neat find. Treasure has a hard time hidding from you ...:notworthy:
 
Great find non the less...:)
 
Beautiful stone...get that repaired and wear it.
 
Pretty cool find for sure. It will make a nice pendant. Could it have been one of those "stick pin" brooches? I don't know the technical term but I have seen some adornments that have just a long sharp pin with no latches/clasp and you just slide it into the material.
 
That could be , tnt-k; never thought of that.



Pretty cool find for sure. It will make a nice pendant. Could it have been one of those "stick pin" brooches? I don't know the technical term but I have seen some adornments that have just a long sharp pin with no latches/clasp and you just slide it into the material.
 
Way to go Lorraine! I love looking at your finds. That opal is gorgeous.
 
That opal sure is pretty! BTW, the pics do look small, but if you click on em, they'll get bigger for better viewing.
 
For me you are always the firts hunter. Well done, congratulation!
 
Well done Lorraine. You had a great weekend .... and weather couldn't have been nicer.

Good advice to "slow down".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom