What's new

Four Boxes No Skunks

Steve L.

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
407
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vienna, ME
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
This week's four boxes of Halves was better than last week's; and seemed to be from a different stock of coin. There were a disproportionate number of Bicentennials in the mix, I had several rolls that were solid Bicentennials and a number that had 18 or 19 in the roll. I noted that a large number of the all the coins were excellent examples. If I'd just have been starting out, I could have half filled the Kennedy Collection books with very nice examples. I continue to hope that you are all doing well and wish each of you the very best. The numbers and pictures are offered below.

This week's take was -- 8x 90% and 27x 40%. So it comes out to just over 6.88 troy ounces of silver. No slots in my Franklin collection book filled since these were all duplicates of coins I already had, I've already filled the Kennedy book. Two of the four boxes had enders.

The breakdown followed by pics.

Box 1: 2x 90% (two 1964 Kennedy's); and 16x 40% (1x 1965, 4x 1966; 8x 1968-D, and 3x 1969-D).

Box 2: 4x 90% (1x 1953-D Franklin, and 3x 1964 Kennedy); and 6x 40% (1x 1966, 2x 1967, 2x 1968-D; and 1x Bicentennial S-Mint).

Box 3: Was my light box and it only gave up 2x 40% (a 1965 and a 1969-D).

Box 4: 2x 90% (a 1962-D Franklin and a 1964 Kennedy); and 3x 40% (1x 1967, 1x 1968-D, and 1x 1969-D). This box also gave up a 1983 impaired clad S-mint proof.

Happy hunting.
Steve
 

Attachments

  • Box 1 Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    Box 1 Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    150.7 KB · Views: 578
  • Box 2 Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    Box 2 Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    123 KB · Views: 543
  • Box 3 Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    Box 3 Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    213.2 KB · Views: 548
  • Box 4 Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    Box 4 Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    95.3 KB · Views: 564
  • Collected Keepers Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    Collected Keepers Coin Roll Hunt 15 Jan 2011.webp
    85 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0
Nice coin count for 4 boxes. Good Luck on future hunts. : )
 
Great finds man!!! :hello2: You are really cleaning things up there in Virginia!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Way to go Steve! Gotta love that Northern VA Silver :hello2:
 
Steve,
Nice score and excellent photos. The coins look "high grade".
Keep at it.
rileyboy
 
Gotta love those no skunk boxes. You always have great pics!

More HSH,
apush :read2:
 
EpicDeuce said:
Everyone keeps their S-Proof finds right?
EpicDeuce,
I don't think everyone does, it is collector's call. From what I hear from the views of the folks expressed in other posts, the value of an impaired clad proof to a real collector is simply face-value. I tend to agree with that, a real collector wants their proof still encased in the mint packaging.
Having said that, I keep all of the clad proofs I get unless they are just too beat-up from circulation or abuse. I suspect that one day I'm going to invest in a simple half book and start plugging the proofs I've collected into it. One more thing to do! ;D
Wishing you the best,
Steve
 
Nice pics!Funny how '64 kens tarnish the worst.Hooray for no skunks!
 
Great boxes!! Great photos. keep up the hunt, because it is out there.HH
 
Nice pics! I love looking at silver coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Good golly, Miss Molly!!!!

Nice score on the silver!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom