Steve L.
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2008
- Messages
- 407
- Reaction score
- 23
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vienna, ME
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
This is a great hobby! I'm in a regular routine on my coin roll hunting, I pick up four boxes from my provider each week and have a good understanding with my dump bank. Well, from week-to-week you never know how things will play out. Sometimes good, other times the skunks visit. :P My experiences are that the surprises just keep coming, and it certainly makes things interesting.
This week I took a lot of photos because the boxes were all good with a great variety of keepers. So without further delay.
Box 1: 3x 90% all 1964 Kennedys; and 9x 40% (1x 1965, 1x 1966, 3x 1967, 3x 1968, and 2x 1969 -- one of the 1969s is a S-mint never seen that before for that is a nice score!
). I also pulled 2 impaired clad proofs both 1995.
Box 2: 1x 90% (a pretty 1943 Walker!
) and 9x 40% (2x 1966, 3x 1967, 3x 1968, and 1x 1969.) That box also gave up an impaired clad proof from 1989 -- a good year for me personally. While not especially noteworthy, this box also gave up one of those gold plated, counter-stamped "1960" "1980" clad Kennedy's.
Box 3: 1x 90% (a shinny 1942 Walker, she looks like she's been all polished up
.) and 9x 40% (7x 1967, and 2x 1968).
Box 4: 2x 90% (a pair of Franklin's -- 1962 and 1963); and 6x 40% (1966, 1967, 3x 1968, and a 1969). This box also gave up a really strange find. The rim looked just like a Ben or Walker, but when I popped it out I found a King George the V, one Indian Rupee from 1918. I guess it is a Sterling Silver coin -- I think that's the content that the UK used back then even for colonies. Have to do some more research on that one. It is especially interesting because that was a rough time for the UK. WW I was just closing out and they had lost a load of men in France and Belgium -- sad, painful times.
Anyhow, pics follow. I wish you all the best of hunting; and a happy and peaceful Holiday Season.
Steve
This is a great hobby! I'm in a regular routine on my coin roll hunting, I pick up four boxes from my provider each week and have a good understanding with my dump bank. Well, from week-to-week you never know how things will play out. Sometimes good, other times the skunks visit. :P My experiences are that the surprises just keep coming, and it certainly makes things interesting.
This week I took a lot of photos because the boxes were all good with a great variety of keepers. So without further delay.
Box 1: 3x 90% all 1964 Kennedys; and 9x 40% (1x 1965, 1x 1966, 3x 1967, 3x 1968, and 2x 1969 -- one of the 1969s is a S-mint never seen that before for that is a nice score!
Box 2: 1x 90% (a pretty 1943 Walker!
) and 9x 40% (2x 1966, 3x 1967, 3x 1968, and 1x 1969.) That box also gave up an impaired clad proof from 1989 -- a good year for me personally. While not especially noteworthy, this box also gave up one of those gold plated, counter-stamped "1960" "1980" clad Kennedy's. Box 3: 1x 90% (a shinny 1942 Walker, she looks like she's been all polished up
.) and 9x 40% (7x 1967, and 2x 1968).Box 4: 2x 90% (a pair of Franklin's -- 1962 and 1963); and 6x 40% (1966, 1967, 3x 1968, and a 1969). This box also gave up a really strange find. The rim looked just like a Ben or Walker, but when I popped it out I found a King George the V, one Indian Rupee from 1918. I guess it is a Sterling Silver coin -- I think that's the content that the UK used back then even for colonies. Have to do some more research on that one. It is especially interesting because that was a rough time for the UK. WW I was just closing out and they had lost a load of men in France and Belgium -- sad, painful times.
Anyhow, pics follow. I wish you all the best of hunting; and a happy and peaceful Holiday Season.
Steve
Attachments
-
12-4-2010 Box 1.webp81 KB · Views: 516 -
12-4-2010 Box 2.webp69.9 KB · Views: 509 -
12-4-2010 Box 3.webp63.1 KB · Views: 507 -
12-4-2010 Box 4.webp118.3 KB · Views: 504 -
12-4-2010 \'43 Walker.webp102 KB · Views: 506 -
12-4-2010 \'42 Walker.webp39.2 KB · Views: 506 -
12-4-2010 Pair of Ben\'s.webp112.3 KB · Views: 503 -
12-4-2010 Obverse Indian Rupee King George V 1918.webp52.1 KB · Views: 502 -
12-4-2010 Reverse One Indian Rupee 1918.webp158.7 KB · Views: 496 -
12-4-2010 4 box keepers.webp91.4 KB · Views: 507
Upvote
0









