Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a local park with the CTX on Monday. There are about 20 acres of lawns with lots of shade trees. This park has been pounded over and over by NYC hunters. Silver is very scarce in this location. Still, it was a beautiful day weather wise,, so I gave it six hours of trying. I located a lot of deep wheat pennies that the "Cherry Pickers" have a tendency to leave behind. Towards the end of the day, I did end up with a 1963d Silver Rosie.
One of the 15 deep Wheat Pennies that I did dig turned out to be a 1917s. I cleaned it and put it in a coin holder. After all, a 100 year old coin deserves a little respect. My coin total for this hunt was 73 coins.

IMG_6431.JPG IMG_6430.JPG

IMG_6432.JPG IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6433.JPG IMG_6436.JPG

O
Yesterday, I returned to the same park with the DEUS. My first few targets were encouraging. I hit a heavily encrusted Indian Head Penny. I wasn't able to make out the date but I was able to see the outline of the wreath on the back of it. A few minutes later, I dug up a 1922 Canadian Nickel. A quick check on Google told me that 1922 was the first year that Canada starting using Nickel in the mintage of their five cent pieces. Prior to that, their 5 cent piece was 80% Silver. I was happy that I recovered a first year issue, but had mixed feelings about it not being Silver. lol
I tried a few different locations on opposite ends of the park before finally settling on a lawn that is usually occupied by people engaged in interactive sports. I hit a deep Penny signal and went after it. Out of the plug comes 2 wheat pennies, a Jefferson Nickel, and an 1897 Barber Dime. Talk about one target being masked by another target of different metallic composition,, oh boy, oh boy. lol.

The last target of this 8 hour hunt was a quarter signal that turned out to be a dirt encrusted copper disc that I suspected was a Large Cent.
After cleaning it at home, I realized that it was too far gone to get a date off it. The Indian Head Penny turned out be an 1899.
I ended up with 58 coins for the day.

IMG_6457.JPG IMG_6456.JPG

IMG_6453.JPG IMG_6454.JPG

Upvote 17

ATwardo223

Jun 17, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE PRO
GARRETT AT PRO,
GARRETT ACE 350,
TESORO Eldorado,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunts at a pounded site!! Congrats!!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunts ATW. congrats. I hope to leave the land of dust, cactus, and heat the end of April and return to Pa for some older and easier to dig finds.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are dedicated for sure, love the 5 cents, you can get a value on numicanada. Congrats!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunch of good stuff there. I like the George nickel, they usually come out so much nicer than Buffs and V's. Only one year off the holy grail of Canadian 5 cent pieces. Congrats on all your finds!

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunch of good stuff there. I like the George nickel, they usually come out so much nicer than Buffs and V's. Only one year off the holy grail of Canadian 5 cent pieces. Congrats on all your finds!

Thank you J.C.
I did not know that. Only 400 of the over 2 million silver 1921 Canadian 5 Cent pieces are believed to have escaped melting.

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations mate.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt! Cool nickel, always awesome finding silver, congrats on getting into the 1800s with the Barber Dime, too bad LC is so corroded but still a cool find. Congrats and HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You patients and hard work paid off on the old coin recoveries, congratulations! :occasion14:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt ATW. Are you going to electrolysis that livery driver? It might work for you! Sub 8-)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!