Frame #43

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a frame of mostly snapped tang points, which were isolated finds over several counties . and several tangs found separate on manufacturing sites...
E57B158D-9D24-4B63-BD4C-2755175B424E.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why are the tangs snapped off. I never believed snap based points were done intentionally. Maybe they were rehafting them there?

outlaws15

Jul 1, 2020
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great show you are showing us.
My wife is getting jealous of you.
I wake in morning early and my first thought is I hope H.P.'s next frame is up.
I'm a big fan.
Tammy can have the rest of the day/evening

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From my knapping experience I found that the shorter the stem, the less likely it is to break during use. Gary

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why are the tangs snapped off. I never believed snap based points were done intentionally. Maybe they were rehafting them there?

Nice frame Hal

I makes me wonder after Knapping them the tang was put to the test to see if it was strong enough, if it snapped, those shown are the results of the test.:dontknow:

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I shouldā€™ve explained it better..the points were not found on manufacturing sites, the tangs were

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice frame Hal

I makes me wonder after Knapping them the tang was put to the test to see if it was strong enough, if it snapped, those shown are the results of the test.:dontknow:
These points were in use, not found on manufacturing sites..tangs were.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Something I hadnā€™t thought about asking is, I find broken points about 10 to 1 to complete. do you have that many broken points? I would enjoy seeing all of them too.

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Something I hadnā€™t thought about asking is, I find broken points about 10 to 1 to complete. do you have that many broken points? I would enjoy seeing all of them too.
, I donā€™t have many that were broke in half, most Florida points are knives, they didnā€™t fly and hit anything and after acreage was cleared it set vacant for some time before houses..so we found em just like when they dropped em..Florida is also blessed with an enormous unreal supply of flints...I recon if the ground was stripped down to artifact level there would be one every 40 feet in this area..Right depth, right weather and bingo you might have a point ( rare occasions).Lol...P.S. couldnā€™t bring all my stuff where Iā€™m now living had to leave most of the pottery in storage,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread