Frame Friday (early)

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Itā€™s slow in here other than rocks so Iā€™m starting the Frame Friday earlier so anybody who wants can jump in it will give you a few hours to find something you would like to show. If itā€™s reproductions thatā€™s fine just say they are. My frame is all older NA points and tools Iā€™ve actually found. These are some of my first few years when I mostly walked fields but a few are creek finds.
So letā€™s see some frames
NW Georgia personally found on private property back when they used to turn the fields twice a year. The tiny triangles are my smallest. 1/2 inch on some.

Attachments

• IMG_3299.jpeg
    IMG_3299.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 10

HillBilly244

May 4, 2013
Itā€™s slow in here other than rocks so Iā€™m starting the Frame Friday earlier so anybody who wants can jump in it will give you a few hours to find something you would like to show. If itā€™s reproductions thatā€™s fine just say they are. My frame is all older NA points and tools Iā€™ve actually found. These are some of my first few years when I mostly walked fields but a few are creek finds.
So letā€™s see some frames
NW Georgia personally found on private property back when they used to turn the fields twice a year. The tiny triangles are my smallest. 1/2 inch on some.
Nice frame and finds!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This frame has a Mill Creek spade, a paleo ā€œplatterā€, and a piece of float copper.
IMG_4119.jpeg

The spade pic is taken at an angle to show the phytolith gloss from working plant material.
IMG_4124.jpeg

These large platter preforms were used by paleo Indians, and likely others too, as a good way to carry flint when traveling. Flakes are removed as needed.
IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4123.jpeg

I found this piece of copper in the river on a gravel bar in ā€˜85. That was a drought yr and the water was way down. I thought for a long time it was a damaged celt. It turns out to be just ā€œfloat copperā€ that the glacier brought down to central IL. Itā€™s not green because it was in water.
IMG_4121.jpeg
IMG_4120.jpeg

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
This frame has a Mill Creek spade, a paleo ā€œplatterā€, and a piece of float copper. View attachment 2137250

The spade pic is taken at an angle to show the phytolith gloss from working plant material. View attachment 2137251

These large platter preforms were used by paleo Indians, and likely others too, as a good way to carry flint when traveling. Flakes are removed as needed. View attachment 2137252 View attachment 2137253

I found this piece of copper in the river on a gravel bar in ā€˜85. That was a drought yr and the water was way down. I thought for a long time it was a damaged celt. It turns out to be just ā€œfloat copperā€ that the glacier brought down to central IL. Itā€™s not green because it was in water. View attachment 2137254 View attachment 2137255
Outstanding artifacts and information

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread