What's new

Frames

CreekSide

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
27,019
Golden Thread
0
Here’s a couple of my favorite finds, let’s see some of yours
NW Georgia
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6336.webp
    IMG_6336.webp
    331.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_6338.webp
    IMG_6338.webp
    90.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's a few of mine, all from SW Georgia, Central Florida, SE Alabama and N Alabama.
 

Attachments

  • 20251022_113800.webp
    20251022_113800.webp
    501.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20251022_113835.webp
    20251022_113835.webp
    681.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 20251022_113910.webp
    20251022_113910.webp
    503.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20251022_113933.webp
    20251022_113933.webp
    490.8 KB · Views: 93
All Florida finds. Bottom 2 frames are mostly personal finds, The nice Clay was a gift from my fossil buddy. Top frame has a few from Johnny Tomberlin and Son Anderson. Not shown are the hundreds of broken points it takes to collect the good ones.
Screenshot_20251024-151315_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20251024-151141_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20251024-151111_Photos.webp
 
N. California El Dorado County personal finds private property.
 

Attachments

  • PC120056.webp
    PC120056.webp
    551.1 KB · Views: 74
  • P8211168 - Copy.webp
    P8211168 - Copy.webp
    391.2 KB · Views: 69
  • P3211720.webp
    P3211720.webp
    391.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5106 1.webp
    IMG_5106 1.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 67
  • P3211719.webp
    P3211719.webp
    418 KB · Views: 73
  • P2253685.webp
    P2253685.webp
    355.2 KB · Views: 72
  • P2260543.webp
    P2260543.webp
    257 KB · Views: 67
These are from a Cahokia satellite village located along the IL River near Eldred IL. The damaged 5-notch serrated style point is rarely found away from Cahokia. The satellite site is over 60 mi from Cahokia.
IMG_1418.webp


I rarely buy artifacts. I was at a gun show and saw a Mill Creek spade for sale along with these 3 points. I had to buy the points to get the spade. These points don’t mean near as much to me as points I found myself and would gladly sell them. An Adena, a Thebes, and an unknown corner notch.
IMG_1419.webp
 
These are from a Cahokia satellite village located along the IL River near Eldred IL. The damaged 5-notch serrated style point is rarely found away from Cahokia. The satellite site is over 60 mi from Cahokia. View attachment 2231056

I rarely buy artifacts. I was at a gun show and saw a Mill Creek spade for sale along with these 3 points. I had to buy the points to get the spade. These points don’t mean near as much to me as points I found myself and would gladly sell them. An Adena, a Thebes, and an unknown corner notch. View attachment 2231057
I’d like to see the Spade too.
I showed a property owner my hard stone and was going to give him a Celt I found on his property. He said ohh no I don’t keep rocks like those only points. Then said keep as many of those as you want. I didn’t know how to respond to that but at least I don’t have to feel guilty anymore
 
These are from a Cahokia satellite village located along the IL River near Eldred IL. The damaged 5-notch serrated style point is rarely found away from Cahokia. The satellite site is over 60 mi from Cahokia. View attachment 2231056

I rarely buy artifacts. I was at a gun show and saw a Mill Creek spade for sale along with these 3 points. I had to buy the points to get the spade. These points don’t mean near as much to me as points I found myself and would gladly sell them. An Adena, a Thebes, and an unknown corner notch. View attachment 2231057
Nice points by the way seems like a rare find
 
I’d like to see the Spade too.
Left is a Mill Cr spade, center is a large biface. They call these paleo platters but really no way to be sure it’s paleo. Center piece is exactly 6” long.Right is a piece of float copper found on a gravel bar in the Sangamon River in Macon Co IL.
Two artifacts from IL and a copper geofact that originated in MI and brought down by the glacier.
IMG_1430.webp
 
here are a few frames. #4 has over 150 artifacts in it.
 

Attachments

  • new frame-3.webp
    new frame-3.webp
    133.3 KB · Views: 75
  • new frame-2.webp
    new frame-2.webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 75
  • frame-01.webp
    frame-01.webp
    93.3 KB · Views: 63
  • new frame-1.webp
    new frame-1.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 70
  • s1.webp
    s1.webp
    165.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Resized_20231206_193954_9042.webp
    Resized_20231206_193954_9042.webp
    257.4 KB · Views: 70
Personal finds family and me from our property in N. California. These trade beads were collected after rainstorms from a large village site.
 

Attachments

  • 20231221_110114.webp
    20231221_110114.webp
    974.8 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom