- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,540
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I got lucky and found 2 within a short period. The other's I found in circulation. I guess the bigger the coin the harder it is to lose it. Pennies are everywhere but a fifty cent piece is a prize by it's self, especially in the 50's
Sonoma County Mike said:I just dug one last December and posted it on Tnet. Franklyn's are not easy to find. In 25 years of metal detecting I've only dug eleven of them. Actually I have found slightly more walking liberty halves than Franklyn's.

mlayers said:I found a Ben in a roll of halfs last week......Matt

NHBandit said:Just my opinion but I'm betting the fact that they were only made for 15 years has alot to do with it. Walking liberty halfs were made for 31 years, Kennedy halves over 40 years, etc.