What's new

Friday box finds and a teller story

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 boxes today

#1- Nice Brinks box, a '58 Ben, 3'64's and 26 40% and one Costa Rican 100 coin
#2 el skunko CWI
#3 10 40%

I was quite happy.

On a side note, some tellers are just plain dishonest. I was dumping at the coin machine and when I went to grab the junk off the magnet she says to me "You can't do that."
"Why not? You guys just toss it all in the trash."
"Oh, no. We have to send it back to the country it came from. We put it in a bag and then send it back."
"Yeah, right. OK."
I let it go at that since I rarely deal with this teller. Fortunately. I've had trouble with her before( http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,142957.msg1020175.html#msg1020175 ).
But next time she tries this I'm nailing her. I've already confirmed with my brother, who works at the same bank in a different branch, that they just throw it all away. I also asked at yet another branch I dump at. Same answer there.
I have run into a bank or two that when I ask about foreign coin, they tell me that they collect it for a teller there. And I'm cool with that.
Some of these people think we're stupid, I guess.
 
Upvote 0
Id love to be a fly on the wall when you put this teller in her proper place.

Nice silver as well :)
 
i have one teller that is very cool....when he comes to change bags he hands me whatever he finds in the reject bin, the magnet or on the floor under the machine....he gave me my first siver quarter...a 1962....needless to say that is my favorite dump bank
 
Those are some VERY nice boxes! Grats!

And the whole sending the change back is literally laughable.

Save up a box of it worth like 50 dollars US... then go to your giant wheel of foreign banks... spin it... and find one random bank from each country that you have currency from... then ship out like 12 different packages... spending more on shipping than the contents are worth...

Yea... makes sense...

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom