creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 4.31.26 PM.jpg
A processed meat batter made of fat, raw skeletal muscle, and other raw meat by-products, such as the hearts, kidneys, and livers of bovine and pigs, enhanced with the deliciousness of the carcinogens sodium nitrite and sodium phosphate, funneled into an artificial casing .. I mean what more could one want?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2008277 A processed meat batter made of fat, raw skeletal muscle, and other raw meat by-products, such as the hearts, kidneys, and livers of bovine and pigs, enhanced with the deliciousness of the carcinogens sodium nitrite and sodium phosphate, funneled into an artificial casing .. I mean what more could one want?
A fried egg on toast,with a little mayo.Sauerkraut on the side!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What would they do with all the lips, ears, & other unmentionable parts if it wasn't for baloney, hot dogs, veinie weinies etc?
Old style tasted better than todays.... That secret blend of wholesome goodness and rich innards.
Todays are lousy.
Chicken hotdogs. Turkey hot dogs.
Chicken hot dogs a pig walked near (contains "some" pork.)
Beef hotdogs minus much fat.
Old times , eating a cold bite left a layer of fat on your palate. Yum! Even better heated up.

One a guest was roasting fell in a fire a few years ago. Thing sat there and cooked like a piece of pumice quite a while..... Raised our eyebrows.

One place known of left where I can buy a half decent frank locally.
And they sell as few as desired on the rare occasion I splurge.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They used to put all that in C-Rations and feed it to Americas finest.I don,t know what they put in MREs.
had my share of C-rats, like to died on "boned chicken', back in '65 Our group of Seabees buried what cases/cans/boxes that were left.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had my share of C-rats, like to died on "boned chicken', back in '65 Our group of Seabees buried what cases/cans/boxes that were left.
My theory was that after being fed a steady diet of C-rations the troops would be so mad they,d fight any body just to get out of the field and to some regular chow. Marines 1971-1975. Gotta love those SeaBees.My GrandFather was a SeaBee in WWII,New Georgia and Vella LaVella Islands. He was too old for any of the other services he tried to join,but the SeaBees took him right in.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My theory was that after being fed a steady diet of C-rations the troops would be so mad they,d fight any body just to get out of the field and to some regular chow. Marines 1971-1975. Gotta love those SeaBees.My GrandFather was a SeaBee in WWII,New Georgia and Vella LaVella Islands. He was too old for any of the other services he tried to join,but the SeaBees took him right in.
I was attached, along with 6 others to the Marines. Grew up driving farm equipment, SO, Seabees are what they put me in. 19 and driving fuel tankers, flat beds with heavy equipment and dozers pushing dirt/sand.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was attached, along with 6 others to the Marines. Grew up driving farm equipment, SO, Seabees are what they put me in. 19 and driving fuel tankers, flat beds with heavy equipment and dozers pushing dirt/sand.
SeaBees usually do stuff that makes Marines life easier,build barracks,mess halls,clear ground and the like.Why I,ve only got praise for SeaBees. My GrandFather was a carpenter,built barracks and mess halls,offices and stuff like that for the air detachments assigned to those Islands.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SeaBees usually do stuff that makes Marines life easier,build barracks,mess halls,clear ground and the like.Why I,ve only got praise for SeaBees. My GrandFather was a carpenter,built barracks and mess halls,offices and stuff like that for the air detachments assigned to those Islands.
Yes, and they probably served them baloney sandwiches for lunch! :headbang:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had some fried bologna last night matter of fact. I did not make a sandwich though, I just fried up 3 pieces with some Morel mushrooms. Tasted just like it did in the old days !

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just had some fried bologna last night matter of fact. I did not make a sandwich though, I just fried up 3 pieces with some Morel mushrooms. Tasted just like it did in the old days !
It was a staple on camping trips when I was a kid. We'd cook it with eggs and have it at lunch in sandwiches. Mushrooms sound good.

Beachlover

Greenie
Nov 15, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Who loves fried balony (Bologna)sandwiches? They were a favorite as a kid & I still love them. Thick slice of baloney, Swiss cheese all melted, big slice of onion & mayo on sourdough bread.
Fried Bologna even on its own instead of bacon if you run out. It’s so tasty! On a sandwich even better. Sounds amazing the way you make it, will have to try it! Yummy!

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys should try cooking up some salami. I put mine in the microwave for about 15 seconds, but spread the slices out some to cook more evenly just as you might do with bologna..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread