Friends

That is a good point of view, but there is also a caution. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts! Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Well said shipmate. Saying that made me wonder, did you pull any sea duty. If I'm to believe one of my friends, the Marines call that "going on a float?"

Well said shipmate. Saying that made me wonder, did you pull any sea duty. If I'm to believe one of my friends, the Marines call that "going on a float?"
No, I did not. There is an offical name for a Marine's 6 month sea tour. Can't think of it at the moment. Two tours in Vietnam and then Git'mo. Git'mo was cut short as I learned my rt eardrum was torn from a rocket attack on Phu Bai during the Tét Offensive of '68. Remember that? Fireworks, dancing in the streets, parties. Lots of fun (right). Didn't realize it was that bad til I went diving in the ocean and it STUNG like hell. They sent me back to the states and I got out early (less than my 4 year enlistment). Take care, squid. And thank you for your service and sacrifice to this greatest of countries! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back