What's new

From Ash to ashes

WannaDig3687

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
23,801
Reaction score
112,451
Golden Thread
0
Location
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Spent ??? Amount of money trying to save this huge Ash tree. But alas, the emerald ash borer won.

IMG_1472.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1475.webp
    IMG_1475.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1474.webp
    IMG_1474.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
That's sad and they are now here in Colorado and killing off the Ash trees also. Emerald Ash Borer | FAQ My Dad took courses in College at the University of Iowa in Ames in Entomology. He worked for the Ag chemical departments of Standard Oil and Monsanto. He knew a lot about bugs and pretty much hated any kind of crop destroying pest. I remember one he particularly hated and that was the European Corn Borer. With the way things have become in modern times and commerce I think if I was a young guy looking for a field of study, Entomology would be a good choice.
 
Stump is still burning!

IMG_1491.webp
So yesterday I cooked chicken dinner. Today I'm cooking a big pot of chili.

IMG_1502.webp
 
Look who came for dinner.

IMG_1508.webp
 
The ash tree coughed up a gate latch.

image.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom