From Father To Son....

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
…..Is quite an often spoken phrase most of us have heard perhaps at family gatherings. More commonly it's referred to a particular trait, habit or skill that the younger man has naturally developed from the elder person. No doubt that the pictured gentleman has acquired much knowledge and skills from his father, but this story is quite the opposite. Something very sentimental to him was lost a few days ago.
Going back 30 years, shortly after his father's passing he received his ring. Quite stunned and thankful when presented with it, for a few moments memories of the ring came to mind, memories of him, his dad and the ring his Dad was so proud of always being a part of what they did together from a single age all the way to manhood such as fishing, playing cards, catching a football, working on a car, and theatrical gesturing while socializing with friends and family. Now in the past 30 years the ring has become a huge part of his life, work and family in the same way as his dad cherished it.
As the COVID-19 virus restrictions are being lifted, many people are hurrying going about tasks to catch up on lost time. Somewhere in the yard while gardening the family ring slipped off. When I got on site I set up my MXT and ran a grid pattern. He and his wife thought the ring was sterling silver so I was looking for a high meter signal but would check all signals that sounded solid. No high read signals came thru but as I swept over some high foliage I got an all so familiar gold signal. Brushing the new mulch aside revealed this very handsome white gold ring!
His back was to me so I signaled to the wife that I got it. I said to him hey how'd this big chunk of metal get here, it's interfering with the detector and has to go. He spun around and angrily marched over, looking down to pull it up he realized it was his ring! Lifting it from the earth he held it to the sky and said thank you! to his Dad looking down upon us. Happy with the ring back, and it's gold!, he's anticipating a wonderful Father's day and a new story to share with his children and grandchildren for years to come.

Jon RFdetWhtAuAsIs6-8-20.jpg RFdetWhtAuClose6-8-20.jpg RFdetWhtAuCrop6-8-20.jpg

Upvote 34
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable Mention Jon Great story and return

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job!

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fanatastically written story! Fantastic return! Your in the win column for karma!
RJGMC

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is too cool!! Great story and great ending :icon_thumright: MXT is still my go to machine!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantasic story, great recovery- Congrats on a job very well done!

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread