What's new

Ft. Granville-British-location

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Doing some research on another hunt and ran into the location of Ft. Granville, a British fort at time of the revolutionary war. Pa route 322 almost runs on top of it. It is West of Macedonia at the point where the Roaring Run meets the Juniata river. It is west of Roaring Run and north of Juniata. Happy Hunting
​
 
Roe- Sounds like the same place. Ran across it on an old map at Library Of Congrass map collection. There was also a Ft. Shirley shown South and West of it on another river running south from the Juniata but I could not find that river on a present day topo. This map was from the 1700's I'm not into Rev. War hunting, but I thought I would just pass it on. I was looking for some old Indian trails that run in the St. Mary's area but I guess I hit the wrong location. First time in that map room!
​
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom