What's new

Ft. Pitt Blockhouse, Large, Indian, Clay

halfdime

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
1,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
(Wrote this text late last night) Branch Rickey told Ralph Kiner "We lost with you, we can lose without you." Then he traded Kiner to the Cubs. I told the Pirates today that they, too, could lose without me so I went detecting. Church friends bought a new old house outside of Pittsburgh and today was the first good day to check it out. Anything built 1900 interests me and it was worth the effort. We'll start with best finds: A medallion from the Fort Pitt Blockhouse, which has a 1924 date on it. I'll have to see what that signifies, exactly. In most cases, a large cent beats the medallion but I'm not sure today. This one has the date worn off but the design is 1816-39. Third, a 1904 Indian head penny. Sprinkle in 1910 and 1920 wheat pennies and a lopsided clay marble and then the discovery that the Pirates were actually winning and it was a good day. They raised the Jolly Roger without Kiner or Rickey.
 

Attachments

  • blockhouse.webp
    blockhouse.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 4indy.webp
    4indy.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 95
  • coronet.webp
    coronet.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 98
  • lopsided.webp
    lopsided.webp
    21 KB · Views: 95
  • ten.webp
    ten.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 12
AT THE DROP OF A DIME THIS FELLAS FINDS ARE SURE FINE.
 
Hey nice finds! Now you may have large hands or could that be a half cent?
 
No, it's one cent and I do have large hands!

I have the same problem. Last week I found a 1-reale and a friend thought it was half! Lol
 
Love the Fort Pitt souvenir. I also went detecting yesterday until 4:00, but was able to catch most of the Pirate game on the radio on my way home and even see the last couple innings on TV..
 
Love the Fort Pitt souvenir. I also went detecting yesterday until 4:00, but was able to catch most of the Pirate game on the radio on my way home and even see the last couple innings on TV..

I caught the last three innings on the tube and was able to see Melancon RTJR. Listened to Votto's 13 pitch at-bat that should have been a strikeout on the way home.
 
Congrats on finding those sweet keepers. :occasion14: I'd love to dig that Ft. Pitt souvenir.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom