🥇 BANNER Fugio Cent

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been super busy this season so not much detecting. I was off work today since school for the kids start tomorrow I was taking them to the Liberty Science Center. I was getting gas last night and received a call from my local historical society with a lead on a 1700s home site. I could not get it out of my mind so before taking the kids out I stopped by the site and this was my only 1700s era find but I'll take it. Actually will go to the historical society for the town museum.

Enjoy

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441158964.570012.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441158995.585955.jpg

Sorry about the phone pictures. I just rinsed it off then put a little candle wax on it. I'm afraid to clean it but there is a lot of detail. The sundial side has everything very clear including the 1787 date. Not clear in picture

I ADDED MORE PICTURES IN TWO ADDITIONAL REPLIES.

NJ THer

Last edited:
Upvote 48

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Fugio! I want to dig one!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great find NJ- Congrats!! Every one of us New Englander's wants one of those- I couldn't be happier for you. Looks like it's in absolutely amazing shape too! You have my banner vote...

-- Jeff --

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That, my friend....is an incredible find..no telling what other treasures are at that site.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one too !
Here's another vote for you.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish mine looked like that. Great looking coin. Congrats.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh hell yeah. One of my all time favorite coins. That has incredible detail. I'm dying to find one

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know what variety that is?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got better picture, one posted is blurry..

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...thank you for all the nice comments. I was committed today to assist the police in a robbery investigation. Did not find the weapon or the loot. Site was extremely large and swampy...is that a word. Back to work tomorrow the a three day weekend so I'll get back there sometime this weekend. I'll also try to get better pictures tomorrow outside in the natural light. Thanks again
NJ

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Btw I think this coin will replace my cob profile picture which I've had for years

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous Fugio, one of the coolest American coins ever made in my opinion. Hard to beat a piece designed by Benjamin Franklin, congrats!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great coin. I would like to see that one up on banner. I wish our coins now would say Mind Your Business.

Congrats

Steve

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great lookin coppa

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find

I've been super busy this season so not much detecting. I was off work today since school for the kids start tomorrow I was taking them to the Liberty Science Center. I was getting gas last night and received a call from my local historical society with a lead on a 1700s home site. I could not get it out of my mind so before taking the kids out I stopped by the site and this was my only 1700s era find but I'll take it. Actually will go to the historical society for the town museum.

Enjoy

View attachment 1206669 View attachment 1206670

Sorry about the phone pictures. I just rinsed it off the put a little candle wax on it. I'm afraid to clean it but there is a lot of detail. The sundial side has everything very clear including the 1787 date. Not clear in picture

NJ THer
Great Find, It"s on my bucket list, how deep was the Fugio?

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is anyone here going to try and attribute the variety or you going to make me try. Better pics?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread