Full id on Tealby penny

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Just got the full id on the Tealby penny I found recently. It's Carlisle mint, moneyer WILLAME, class D2, from the same dies as British Museum catalogue 223. Full reverse reading +WILLAME:ON:CA:

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_6059.JPG
    IMG_6059.JPG
    394.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6060.JPG
    IMG_6060.JPG
    293.3 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 5
Thats a pretty cool mint to get & this coin is right up there in the best of its type!

I've now just checked & I have only 4 halves & this complete one: (nowhere near as nice but I like it)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 264
Cheers Cru, is it covered in snow your way ?. It is up North :sadsmiley:

Came back from my Bro's at Nottingham & they had 6inches, nothing where we are. Just loads of rain, I would prefer frozen ground or snow.

Beautiful coin and even nicer now that you have the accurate ID.

Tealby's just don't come out of the ground that nice! Congrat's again on a superb coin!!!

Iowa Dale

I think most on this of the pond just don't get the rarity and the great condition of this Tealby of yours. Congrats on the beautiful silver and the great ID, thanks for reposting it up once again, a sight for sore eyes it is.

Very cool find thanks for sharing and congrats on the success.

I think most on this of the pond just don't get the rarity and the great condition of this Tealby of yours. Congrats on the beautiful silver and the great ID, thanks for reposting it up once again, a sight for sore eyes it is.
Thanks pepperj, took 30 years to find one as good:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back