What's new

Funky piece of quartz

Wes213

Full Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
136
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello friends. I found this piece recently on a coworkers piece of land who I have permission to hunt. I think that it is kinda interesting. My interpretation is that it is a unfinished knife. It looks like there is a stem that was worked and developed. What do you guys think?
 

Attachments

  • B8F3B4FF-37B4-42D5-9592-4CB4BD6481D4.webp
    B8F3B4FF-37B4-42D5-9592-4CB4BD6481D4.webp
    284.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 74A753A4-7D25-4218-B3C6-E6A66CF77579.webp
    74A753A4-7D25-4218-B3C6-E6A66CF77579.webp
    281.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 49C9E86E-B6AF-4861-8CC2-962AA6859CDD.webp
    49C9E86E-B6AF-4861-8CC2-962AA6859CDD.webp
    358.7 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
Looks like they were trying to make a point out of it then hit that line running through the middle and left it. Quartz has so many inclusions in it you will probably find many preforms. Could of been used as is if there is flaking along the edges would of made a good scraper.
 
Here you go
 

Attachments

  • F3DC7100-36C9-4970-8B46-BBAEA68134C2.webp
    F3DC7100-36C9-4970-8B46-BBAEA68134C2.webp
    236.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 59C47136-8D6E-4D54-838F-51D255FFF7DF.webp
    59C47136-8D6E-4D54-838F-51D255FFF7DF.webp
    241.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 1AA977AD-24C3-4777-96AF-2F1B0518E993.webp
    1AA977AD-24C3-4777-96AF-2F1B0518E993.webp
    243.9 KB · Views: 93
Looks like a chunky scraper to me
 
It looks worked to me. Probably what jmarshal said, a crude scraper.
 
With that appendage I’d guess it to be a good sized graver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom