What's new

Funky sterling ring...old? junk? old junk?

Imnengr

Full Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
204
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago Area
Detector(s) used
E-trac, X-terra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I haven't posted for quite a while as I've been stuck in a real dry spell (no finds, no rain). Finally got some rain, went out for a couple hours, and I found this funky ring about 3" deep in the yard of a 1960's school that is built on an 1890s farm field. The ring says STERLING inside, and it appears it may have had some gold plating also. The center "stone" is a citrine color, a yellow-brown. Wondering if anyone can put a likely date on this ring. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Funky Ring Dirty Small.webp
    Funky Ring Dirty Small.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 503
  • Funky Ring Small.webp
    Funky Ring Small.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 502
  • Funky Ring Backside.webp
    Funky Ring Backside.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 503
  • Funky Ring Sterling.webp
    Funky Ring Sterling.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 518
Upvote 0
Sounds like Vermeil to me. Gold over sterling silver. Good find.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu
 
Looks like it has some age to me, I'd say its fairly old. Its a beautiful ring, I'd love to find that! Congrats!
 
not junk!!!!!! could be gold plated or just oxidation. kewl find no matter what it is!!!!!!! :headbang:
 
Great unusual design, got an Art deco look to me. 1910-1930 ??
Super Find !! :hello2:
 
Thanks for the responses everyone. My wife did some searching online and said she thought the ring was from the 1920s or 1930s based on the style. You might be right.
 
Cool looking ring. I like the design.

I found a plated silver ring yesterday. I didn't know there was such a thing.

Sim
 
Clean that puppy up, I bet it will turn out beautiful.
Then you'll have the babes asking for more.
Carl
 
No cracks in the stone. What you are seeing in the photo is the intersection of two of the facets on the back seen through the front.
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. I really thought I had nothing more than a near-gumball-machine-type ring here. Hey, maybe I'll wear it....NOT. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom