Broken knee Bronze Member Joined Dec 12, 2009 Messages 1,909 Reaction score 785 Golden Thread 0 Location in your back yard Detector(s) used excal 2 Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2012 #1 What's up with this coin, my red book shows both coins with and with out the shield, but they both have the legend this one has stars? I believe it's 1868? Any info appreciated. HH Broken Knee Attachments IMG_1330.webp 82 KB · Views: 380 IMG_1332.webp 75.7 KB · Views: 900
What's up with this coin, my red book shows both coins with and with out the shield, but they both have the legend this one has stars? I believe it's 1868? Any info appreciated. HH Broken Knee
Viminacium Full Member Joined Mar 23, 2012 Messages 222 Reaction score 35 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Caesar II prototype, minelab xplorer XS Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2012 #2 It is one cent... nothing strange about it. Looks like 1883 to me.... Upvote 0
Kevo_DFX Hero Member Joined Sep 5, 2008 Messages 567 Reaction score 135 Golden Thread 0 Location Greensburg, PA Detector(s) used DFX Mar 23, 2012 #3 I think it's a token, much like this one: National Heritage Museum: Posts by Adam Kowalczyk Very cool! Upvote 0
I think it's a token, much like this one: National Heritage Museum: Posts by Adam Kowalczyk Very cool!
Kevo_DFX Hero Member Joined Sep 5, 2008 Messages 567 Reaction score 135 Golden Thread 0 Location Greensburg, PA Detector(s) used DFX Mar 23, 2012 #4 Viminacium, notice the stars on the obverse instead of the motto "United States of America" Upvote 0
Viminacium Full Member Joined Mar 23, 2012 Messages 222 Reaction score 35 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Caesar II prototype, minelab xplorer XS Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2012 #5 You re right kevo... Theres no "United States of America",just stars... Upvote 0
doublet2a Bronze Member Joined Apr 15, 2007 Messages 1,281 Reaction score 306 Golden Thread 0 Location Lindsay, California Detector(s) used Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils. Mar 23, 2012 #6 If it's actually 1863, I would think it would be a civil war token. I says not one cent on the reverse, right?? Tim Upvote 0
If it's actually 1863, I would think it would be a civil war token. I says not one cent on the reverse, right?? Tim
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 23, 2012 #7 Yep. Civil War Token. Great find! (This one is close but different "3" and much different reverse). Upvote 0
Broken knee Bronze Member Joined Dec 12, 2009 Messages 1,909 Reaction score 785 Golden Thread 0 Location in your back yard Detector(s) used excal 2 Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2012 Thread Owner #8 So it's not a penny but a token what could it be worth? HH another first for me! Broken Knee Upvote 0
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 24, 2012 #9 Yes, it's a Civil War "store card." Says "Not one cent" on the reverse. Great find! I've wanted to dig one of those for a long time now. Cheers, Buckles Upvote 0
Yes, it's a Civil War "store card." Says "Not one cent" on the reverse. Great find! I've wanted to dig one of those for a long time now. Cheers, Buckles
Broken knee Bronze Member Joined Dec 12, 2009 Messages 1,909 Reaction score 785 Golden Thread 0 Location in your back yard Detector(s) used excal 2 Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 24, 2012 Thread Owner #10 Thanks for the help everyone. HH well I guess one good thing about the new site we lost the GREEN CHECK POLICE !!! HE HE HE Broken Knee Upvote 0
Thanks for the help everyone. HH well I guess one good thing about the new site we lost the GREEN CHECK POLICE !!! HE HE HE Broken Knee