What's new

Fuse, part, casting, cover?

Buried Crap NJ

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
658
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This also has been sitting around for years and I thought I saw a post that lead me to believe this could be a fuse from the Civil War?
Its also cast but non fearous maybe copper as it has a slight green hue? any help would be great!
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 500
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 594
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 717
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    2.7 KB · Views: 778
bigcypresshunter said:
Buried Crap NJ said:
Well I have looked at all the post. The gate valve is looking good. I have a problem with the way it would attach to the threads,or even be held in place. There aren't any groves or recesses. The metal is a correct match and it surely looks the part.I am going to electrocute it and see if there any further details. BCNJ
I tried to explain to Dave that it does not attach with threads, it simply floats inside, the dimples holding it in place.

No problem here, I see how it works with the diagram. The valve gate is a 2 piece? Or looks to be and the 2 pieces are secured together.
 
Upvote 0
Dave44 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Buried Crap NJ said:
Well I have looked at all the post. The gate valve is looking good. I have a problem with the way it would attach to the threads,or even be held in place. There aren't any groves or recesses. The metal is a correct match and it surely looks the part.I am going to electrocute it and see if there any further details. BCNJ
I tried to explain to Dave that it does not attach with threads, it simply floats inside, the dimples holding it in place.

No problem here, I see how it works with the diagram. The valve gate is a 2 piece? Or looks to be and the 2 pieces are secured together.
Yes its 2 piece. Im not exactly sure how its secured. Somehow with the dimples but there is no threaded shank on the piece in question.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom